Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

told you all id post pics so here they are.

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 01:55 PM
Millertime21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: told you all id post pics so here they are.

You need to relax. Your acting like taking your cat off is murder. Yes it might be illegal, but I've never heard of anybody getting caught or having a problem with it. I would bet most the people on this sight who have modified there car has done something to make it illegal. My tires stick outside the fenders by about 1-2", its illeagal, but its not a big deal. I hope everytime you and your son go offraoding your doing it in a designated spot ment for offraoding and have permission. Because unless your on private land and have permission it illegal!

Old 11-06-2008, 04:18 PM
mysons95 is an unknown quantity at this point

Point missed altogether. Never mind.

Old 11-06-2008, 05:02 PM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: Millertime21

You need to relax. Your acting like taking your cat off is murder. Yes it might be illegal, but I've never heard of anybody getting caught or having a problem with it. I would bet most the people on this sight who have modified there car has done something to make it illegal. My tires stick outside the fenders by about 1-2", its illeagal, but its not a big deal. I hope everytime you and your son go offraoding your doing it in a designated spot ment for offraoding and have permission. Because unless your on private land and have permission it illegal!
I was pulled over for modified exhaust and recieved a ticket. The cop did make note that i did have a cat on the ticket. So they do look.

Old 11-07-2008, 04:29 AM

Don't even bother. He doesn't care if he breaks the law, only if he gets caught breaking the law. Sad really.

Old 11-08-2008, 05:18 PM
Millertime21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats not true, all I'm saying is that when it comes to modifying cars most mods are illegal. Ex: loud exhaust, tinted windows, no front plate, loud sound system, type of tire, shaved lights....... Most of them are BS and its not a big deal. When your a car nut a love modifying your vehicle most people are willing to break the law to make their car more unique and desireable.

Old 11-08-2008, 06:28 PM
johnwiseman is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats messedup... You thought he was cool till he said dump the cat?... wht a losser... Leave the guy alone. or are you an al gore type? its his ticket if he gets caught. why are you sweating him. guys dump the cats all the time. Put big tires that stick out.do all kind of illeagle crud. The laws are getting dumb anyways. most sttes still have it illeagle to have a dirty cigerette ash try in your car. How dumb is that? Maybe somelws are just ment to drag us willingly in to communism by leading us there very slowly.

Old 11-09-2008, 02:58 AM
Beginning Member
runnin blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

i do understand that it is illegal. i just dont have the money to replace it right now. all of the money i had went into the car that i had before i got this one. so $200 isnt really easy to get for me right now. and as for me getting caught, the cops at here where i live dont pay attention for that stuff. they all mainly look for speeders, people breaking curfew. **** like that. so im not tooo worried about it right now. and my car DOESNT have emissions. in illinois, cars that are 96 and up only take emmissions. ( btw i called the emissions place and asked). anyway. the cat is off and it is now a straight pipe.... oh and theres a new exhaust tip just to make it look cool. lol. it was free from my neighbor.

Old 11-09-2008, 03:21 AM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: mysons95
And let me tell you, you most definitely have emissions on your truck. Emission control started on vehicles dated 1975 and on.
ORIGINAL: runnin blazer
and my car DOESNT have emissions. in illinois, cars that are 96 and up only take emmissions. ( btw i called the emissions place and asked).
I believe what mysons95 meant was that your vehicle does indeed have emissions equipment which would be correct.
However the above sentence means your state does not require it be tested for your vehicle year.
So technically you could get away with straight pipe for the cat, that's your call it's your vehicle, your choice, your ticket (if ever caught) Not a choice I would make for myself but hey to each their own.

Old 11-26-2008, 05:38 AM
Starting Member
Drifter666 is an unknown quantity at this point

i always wanted to make a pipe that goes around the cat with a valve to switch between the 2

Old 11-26-2008, 05:41 AM

I remember guys in the 70's doing this just to make their system open exhaust bypassing their muffler.

Quick Reply: told you all id post pics so here they are.