Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

Your Wrecked Car!! (warning: Tons of pic's)

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 02:05 AM
cr8390 is an unknown quantity at this point

ratchet strap is what i had holding them in and there pretty dam heavy and it kept them in soo....

o and its cool sisk thanks for sharing the info!

Old 12-04-2009, 09:02 AM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

rachet straps are awesome for holding down. plus when you see someone in the ditch you can use them to pull them out. done and done!

Old 12-04-2009, 09:29 AM
Starting Member
C.Blazer is on a distinguished road

Lol my straps are only a 300lb test so pulling out of ditch wont be happening, thats what the tow strap is for lol. And were in the year 2009, every thief carries an array of tools to get around your ****-proofing L brackets lol. Have pics just need to get them up.
And the mirror problem lol when I bought my blazer it didnt have glass in passenger mirror, when getting it from wreckers I broke off one of the 4 pins so when I hit highway speeds, I would get IMMENSE shaking from the whole mirror which scared me so I electrical taped it all together to seal off the cracks where air could get in. Worked well enough for me.

Old 12-04-2009, 09:33 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Ratchet straps wouldn't work very well for towing or pulling a truck out. They are pretty weak (very low breaking point), so I highly doubt they would put up with the pressure of pulling something out of a ditch.

Old 12-04-2009, 09:53 AM
Starting Member

Hence my tow strap Hoping to make some cash this winter pulling hondas out lol. My uncles brother(with the jeep) last year had a Chevy Colorado(nice truck), and pushed some guy up his whole street for $20 lol. He said he make over $100 in the month of December just pulling people out.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:16 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Hmm, that would be nice. I've done all my recoveries for free lol. I expect one day I'll be the one making the call, so we all have a mutual agreement that we will be there when we're called.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:20 AM
Starting Member

I dont mean pulling out friends, that always gets done for free. I mean some idiot that insists on driving his civic with a body kit that barely clears dry pavement that gets stuck in 6" of snow. HE has to pay lol.

Old 12-04-2009, 03:30 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

I have already pulled 2 civics out from my road, just with my rachet strap, but i did just get a really nice tow strap in a winter emergency kit.

Old 12-04-2009, 04:52 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by okvortec
Ducttape is the only tool a man needs!
almost the only tool, unless you're a redneck.

Originally Posted by C.Blazer
He said he make over $100 in the month of December just pulling people out.
guess he didn't work very much. during a hugh storm 8 years ago, i made almost 4 times that in the 35 hours i was out on the road.

Old 12-04-2009, 09:07 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
almost the only tool, unless you're a redneck.
You're right, I forgot WD40 and Vice-grips.

Quick Reply: Your Wrecked Car!! (warning: Tons of pic's)