Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

$ Lift kits/cranking t-bars?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 03:56 PM
Boopappa is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool $ Lift kits/cranking t-bars?

I went up to Oreillys today to buy a 2in BL and after ordering it I found out that it is a universal kit and told them never mind. I was wan ting to see where everyone bought there Body Lifts at and/ or suspension lifts and see how much they cost. I dont have thousands laying around for a kit, so I was wanting to go with the BL first.

Also how hard is it on the vehicle if you crank the T-bars? I have heard a lot of bad things about doing this.

Thanks, Jimmy

Old 08-28-2009, 04:07 PM
papacope is an unknown quantity at this point

I bought both my suspension and body lift from ebay. When you crank your torsion bars, you put alot of stress on the ball joints. You'll be going throug them like crazy... so get to know how to replace them real good. The body lift cost about $140 and the suspension lift cost about $400.

Old 08-28-2009, 05:10 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

i got a performance accessories body lift for $250 i think.

For cranking your tbars dont waste the money on a kit. Also you will be ok if you dont go any higher then about 1.5in. Any higher than that and you will have problems with your CVs and ball joints

Old 08-28-2009, 11:45 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

The two best know body lift kits are from BDS and Performance Accessories. Both will run about $200-250 and will come with everything you need.

A "mild" tbar crank will not wreak havoc on your front end. As stated, keep it to no more than 1.5 - 2" and you'll be fine. Your front end components will wear out a little faster but not every or month.

Old 08-29-2009, 01:37 AM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

My PA body lift was the best bang for my buck at around $250.
Don't waste your $$$ on a 2" suspension lift... either go with a 6" SL or just crank the t-bars around 5 turns for about 1" lift. (dont go nuts)

Old 08-29-2009, 01:44 AM
Boopappa is an unknown quantity at this point

I just put new ball joints (upper and lower) on it about 6 months ago, so Im not trying to hurt brand new ball joints in anyway. They are moog ball joints, which I heard are really good, but am unsure if 1"-1.5" is worth having to fix other items, ecspecially when your talking about a couple hundred bucks. I found a 2" BL (performance accessories) and gap gaurds from www.4whellonline.com for about $287.50, and Im assuming that it comes with gap gaurds for each side (it doesnt state).

I have never seen a blazer with only a BL before so I dont know what type of difference it will make. I have 235/75/15's on right now and will not be able to get a bigger tire until next year sometime. I would love to get the 6" SL but deff. cant fork out $2000 for one, so I give props to people with 4x4's that have this done. Im going to start small and go with a BL and hope that Im happy with the $300.00 spent.

I saw a picture on here and have spent porbably 45 minutes searching for it again. Someone had a 31 up next to a stock tire (not sure which tire 235/75 or what), but would like to see it again, does anyone have a pic of this. I was trying to get better idea of how many more inches would be gained from the BL and 31's. Like I said I cant afford to make big changes, plus the wife would probably chew my head off if I did (oh well), but I am trying to make a good starting point.

I would love to find an old K5 to be my toy but for right now, Im going to start with my everyday driver.

Also, should you put a small spacer behind the wheel on the 31's, just to give it a little wider stance? I have stock 02 rims on there right now, and didnt know if it would help with handling?

Old 09-30-2009, 01:50 AM
BlaziNator is on a distinguished road

I'm thinking of cranking my torsion bars to gain another inch or so, and shackling the rear to match. Do you think I have a little ways to go before I run into problems? I took some pictures on the CV axle angles on my truck. They are in my photobucket in my signature.