Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

‘02 Blazer Body Mounts - have questions!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2024, 02:52 PM
WarszawaScream is on a distinguished road
Default ‘02 Blazer Body Mounts - have questions!

*EDIT* Sooooo haha trying to find single bushings was very silly on my part, BUT I got an entire replacement set for under $200 and was able to pay in 4 installments so that solved that issue. ANNNDDDD there was a handy dandy chart on the site showing where they’re all located! So next week comes THE BUSHINGENING

Hey y’all, so my ‘02 Blazer Shelia decided to just drop out the lower part of one of her body mount bushings, because yanno - northeast, tons of freakin rust and corrosion from road salt and having belonged to a man who worked at the beach before I inherited her, who did not know what the term “preventative maintenance” meant lol. (Seriously, I don’t think he washed her ONCE in the ten years he had her, let alone sprayed down the undercarriage.)

The mount in question is the one just in front of the rear right tire. I watched a few YT vids on how the replacement is done, I’ve got the equipment to handle it (and if I don’t, I can borrow from a buddy or my brother-in-law.) But I can’t freakin find my Haynes manual so I’m coming to y’all with my questions.

1. Is it safe to replace just the one bushing for the time being? I’m operating on a limited budget right now.
2. How many body mount bushings does she have in total?
3. Are the bushings different depending on their placement, or are all of them the same?
4. If they ARE different, can anyone tell me or give me a diagram showing the location name of each for when I get the replacements?
5. …..anybody got a pointer towards cheap but DECENT QUALITY replacements? (I usually order from RockAuto)

IDEALLY I’d replace all of them at once, but oof ouch my bank account. HOWEVER, if it’s going to be a safety issue or a potential damage to the vehicle issue, I’ll find a way to squeeze blood from a stone. Gotta take good care of my big girl.

Thanks in advance for any input!

Last edited by WarszawaScream; 07-03-2024 at 04:42 PM.