Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

2" front end lift?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 10:03 PM
JTPA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: help with a 2" Lift kit an fender flares

ill def look into that, thanks

Old 02-21-2008, 11:26 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

u could also look into a suspension lift. they r a lil pricy tho but that would be better for the front than cranking the tbars

Old 02-22-2008, 09:41 PM
JTPA is an unknown quantity at this point

what would be the best front and rear shocks if i where to lift my blazer?
thanks

Old 02-26-2008, 11:27 PM
bulldog3280 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: 2" front end lift?

if is the torsion system you just need to crank the torsion bar up that will bring you level with rear stock if your going to raise the rear two more inches then you either need 3 inch spindles or torsion keys i think suspension tech sells them they have store on ebay

Old 02-27-2008, 08:30 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 2" front end lift?

No spindles for our 4wd trucks...

Torsion keys will only get you a bit more, but at the expense of driveline angles on the front halfshafts which has already been mentioned in this thread (and numerous others).

Old 01-04-2009, 02:43 PM
Beginning Member
T.Low is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: WolfPack

Haha I know the feeling though, YOU notice that 1/4' and it bothers you[:@].

But yea, if you get those aftermarket keys and torque the bars up even more, something else is gonna give way. It'll probably be an axle/driveline component, but it could be the bar itself. Then your whole 2 and 1/4' lift is toast.

Look into a body lift to get some extra height.

Thats exactly why I still have the new torsion keys tucked away in a parts box somewhere...I don't want to be the guy in the modified van that couldn't take the easy pounding of a given trail or mudhole and broke down a couple hours up in the mountains with my Land Rover buddies given me **** about it. No thanks. Its like building a great football player with really weak knees. All show, no go.

The torsion keys will put too much stress front end parts and they will break just as soon as you start to have fun.

Edit: HEY! I just realized this thread is a year old! What did you end up doing?