Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

4wd actuator

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 08:55 AM
Beginning Member
Aanenson is on a distinguished road

would i be able to manually activate the tranfer case? i dont really wanna spend the money to fix the tccm again..
thanks

Old 01-31-2011, 09:13 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

There is a lot of stuff going on with the NV236 transfer case which makes it very difficult to manually actuate.

Old 01-31-2011, 10:23 AM
UberFail is on a distinguished road

not 100% sure if the setup is anything identical for what the actuator does on your 4x4 but mine is stuck "open" because the vacuum switch is toast & i'm not able to engage 4x4 on er. also read somewhere else that its preventing me from actually being able to engage it.

Old 01-31-2011, 08:47 PM
Beginning Member

thanks guys! ill try and get er done! hopefully this week cause of all the snow!!! haha

Old 03-23-2011, 06:58 PM
Beginning Member

ok found out its most likely the switch for the 4wd and now i got another problem....its misfiring, the code is saying its running lean on both banks, replaced the injectors and both o2 sensors, had a tune up about a month before that, one of my classmates said it could be the MAF sensor.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:21 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

those are easy to clean, use electrical contact cleaner, and not brake/carb cleaner

Old 03-26-2011, 04:54 PM
Mickenblazer is on a distinguished road

I have a 93 s10 4x4 4.3 v6 and I was needing to know how to manually lock my 4x4 in(broken vacuum line). And I have a lever on my floor for my 4x4

Old 04-17-2011, 12:00 PM
Beginning Member

ok im back, switch is good and tccm is good, so now im guessing its the harness, how hard will it be to replace that?

Old 04-17-2011, 02:44 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Electrical harness? Have you ohm'd out the wiring and/or inspected the connections to make sure that is what you actually need?

Old 04-18-2011, 09:33 AM
Beginning Member

yes i believe it has been checked but i can do it myself, it went into 4wd all by itself once and the buttons would not respond, so i got new buttons, still nothing, so i took the fuse out.

Quick Reply: 4wd actuator