Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

4x4 vacuum cable p/n?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 08:56 AM
Beginning Member
speedfreak81 is on a distinguished road
Default 4x4 vacuum cable p/n?

Hey guys, we're supposed to get about 2 feet of snow dumped on us this weekend so I'm in desperation mode to fix my 4x4.

I believe I may have narrowed it down to the vac. line that runs from the actuator under the battery tray, to the front axle. I've got the 3 button system BTW. The cable is cracked and corroded completely in half down by the front axle. This would prevent vacuum from reaching and engagine the front axle correct?

Noteworthy is that when I press the 4hi button it lights up and stays on (until I tried it this morning that is and it just blinks) and I can hear the motor engaging or making some sort of noise.....but the front wheels receive no power.

Should I just go ahead and replace the actuator and switch at the front axle while I'm at it? Does anyone have a p/n for the cable that is corroded?

Old 02-04-2010, 10:17 AM
Starting Member
Dbrown843 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by speedfreak81
Hey guys, we're supposed to get about 2 feet of snow dumped on us this weekend so I'm in desperation mode to fix my 4x4.

I believe I may have narrowed it down to the vac. line that runs from the actuator under the battery tray, to the front axle. I've got the 3 button system BTW. The cable is cracked and corroded completely in half down by the front axle. This would prevent vacuum from reaching and engagine the front axle correct?

Noteworthy is that when I press the 4hi button it lights up and stays on (until I tried it this morning that is and it just blinks) and I can hear the motor engaging or making some sort of noise.....but the front wheels receive no power.

Should I just go ahead and replace the actuator and switch at the front axle while I'm at it? Does anyone have a p/n for the cable that is corroded?
whats up man, i have the same kinda problem, mine is just not connected.
I just have to get unlazy and attatch it.
for yours, i would go ahead and replace it, because with the cracked one, it wont work, with stress on it, the cable may even snap.

Old 02-04-2010, 09:43 PM
Beginning Member
notrealimportant is on a distinguished road

I may be wrong, but I dont think that vacuum line goes from under the battery to the front axle. A cable goes from the actuator to the front axle though. The vacuum line goes from the actuator under the battery up to the back side of the intake manifold area to connect to the vacuum source.

Old 02-04-2010, 10:10 PM
Gimpy Blazer is on a distinguished road

Actually the vacuum line to the actuator comes from the vacuum switch on the transfer case. When you engage 4 wheel drive it puts power to the front driveshaft and opens up and lets vacuum flow from the vacuum line from the manifold through the switch and then to the actuator. The actuator then pulls the cable to engage the front drive. The transfer case vacuum switch is located on the left front side of the transfer case and there will be three vacuum line to it. One is a vent line One is the vacuum line from the manifold and the third goes to the actuator.