Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

93 blazer clunks then snatches left while driving

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 05:43 PM
MArseyus is on a distinguished road
Default 93 blazer clunks then snatches left while driving

Ok, i'm new to this forum, but not to blazers, i love them, yes i'm also a masochist for it Anyways i've been searching the forums, and i find plenty of posts similar to what i've experienced and diagnosed, but nothing has hit home yet with repair so here goes.

The Problem: While driving down the road i can hear and feel a clunk in the front end, when it does it i also feel the vehicle and steering wheel pull to the left, once i correct the steering it goes away for a bit, but will do it again. Sometimes a few cycles of the problem at a time, sometimes only once. Turning, braking or bumps don't seem to make a difference. Some days it does it, and some days i can't recreate the problem.

What i've checked so far: I jacked it up and grab top and bottom of the tire, no play, left and right of tire no play, spinning the tire i feel and hear nothing strange. However if i roll the tire back and forth in smale increments sometimes i can feel a slight bump (differential play i'm guessing) pitman arm, idler arm, brake pads, are new. CV axle boots are in one piece. Fresh gear oil. After a drive both hubs feel to be the same temp.

Any ideas, torsion bar mount maybe? Ball joints? could it still be the wheel bearing?

It's dangerous to drive right now, i don't want whatever it is to lock up and throw me into traffic. so any suggestions will be taken into consideration on the lift tomorrow.