Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

95 blazer front diff hesitation when turning

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2020, 02:39 AM
Starting Member
Atossedsalad is on a distinguished road
Default 95 blazer front diff hesitation when turning

Ok so the other day my 4x4 light flicked on 4hi by itself right when I went to bust a u turn. When in middle of street it almost seemed like I hit the breaks but I didnt. So i turned off the 4x4 and problem went away. I discovered my front differential leaks a little fluid on both outer seals. I also have a nasty clucking noise from front passenger side when wheels turned all the way left or right. I have replaced the cv axle on that side, both inner and outer tie rod ends, also new ball joints too. Still get clunking when wheel is all the way turned. So I went under there and the cv axle (brand new) where it connects to the front differential has at least a half inch of play in and out. So does this mean I just need new outer bearings and seals on both sides? My front drive shaft the cv joint on it is bad has play up and down and still the original u joint on it. Could that be the problem with when I put it in drive or reverse it jumps into gear if you try to take off to fast? When you shift if you give it 1 second you'll feel it engage then you can put the pedal to the floor and it goes smooth through every gear