Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Alignment perfect but still pulls left!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 09:15 AM
Beginning Member
mcdevin1973 is on a distinguished road
Default Alignment perfect but still pulls left!?

Hey all,

I'm a newbie to the forum (just bought a 2000 LT Blazer) and I have just one issue with this truck: I had the alignment done but it still pulls left slightly. I am NEUROTIC about alignment and I'm wondering what could be wrong?

Here's what I know about the Blazer:

- The Idler arm was replaced 3 years ago
- The PS pump is leaking (slightly) and whining a bit
- The front-right tire is slightly cupped the but all the tires are in great condition

I hopeyou guys can help. I plan on being in this forum for a long time.

Old 05-18-2011, 04:44 PM
Leeann_Bravada is an unknown quantity at this point

Just because the alignment was done doesn't mean it's perfect.

Take it back to the alignment shop.

Old 05-18-2011, 06:27 PM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point

it pulls to the left or drifts to the left?? when your driving and let go of the steering wheel does it wanna make a left turn right away or drifts slowly to another lane? have you tried to rotate the front tires? swap sides.. if you were to apply the brake and the truck started going to the left then you have a brake caliper hanging up on the pass side!!! an alignment doesnt always fix problems.. when your driving is the steering wheel straight across? send more info and we`ll go from there.. good luck.

Old 05-19-2011, 09:53 AM
Beginning Member

It more drifts left than pulls left and it straightens out abit when I brake. I forgot to mention that I did have the front tires switched because I took it back to the alignment shop right after I got it back from them, complaining of the car still pulling left and had them swap the front tires. I have to keep the wheel turned about 5 to 10 degrees to the right while driving to keep it straight.

The tech stated that the tires looked slightly cupped.

"when your driving is the steering wheel straight across?" - not sure what you mean by this?

Thanks for your response!

Old 05-19-2011, 10:07 AM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point

If it goes back to the right when you apply the brakes, sounds like you have a caliper hangin up on ya. left caliper sounds like its hanging up..have the brakes looked at and also rotate the tires from front to back..

Old 05-19-2011, 11:12 PM
okiedoak20 will become famous soon enoughokiedoak20 will become famous soon enough

"when your driving is the steering wheel straight across?" - not sure what you mean by this?

this is typically the term we use to center the steering wheel, i personally have a problem with the steering wheel looking like im turning left(or right) but going straight, drive me nuts.. hope this helps

Old 05-20-2011, 11:14 AM
Beginning Member

Uhhg, OK. I'll get it up on stands soon and see if the caliper is hanging up. Thanks for the help guys.

If you can think of anything else, let me know, I'd love to hear any other possibilities.

Old 03-21-2012, 11:21 AM
chevy nut is on a distinguished road

when you jack your left tire up rock it back and forth to see how much play you have. it might be a bad wheel bearing. this has happend to me before.

Old 03-21-2012, 11:44 AM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by mcdevin1973
Hey all,

I'm a newbie to the forum (just bought a 2000 LT Blazer) and I have just one issue with this truck: I had the alignment done but it still pulls left slightly. I am NEUROTIC about alignment and I'm wondering what could be wrong?

Here's what I know about the Blazer:

- The Idler arm was replaced 3 years ago
- The PS pump is leaking (slightly) and whining a bit
- The front-right tire is slightly cupped the but all the tires are in great condition

I hopeyou guys can help. I plan on being in this forum for a long time.
PS pump: Lucas PS fix

Swap front and back tires. A bad tire can induce 'pull'. Otherwise top or bottom control arm bushings. Those may not show on alignment unless they look for them. That it tends to straighten {or become worse} on braking sorta indicates that. Sometimes upper Ball Joint as well.