Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Brake kit W/ calipers and lines

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2017, 11:30 PM
PSS-Mag is on a distinguished road
Default Brake kit W/ calipers and lines

I'm sure there has been discussion on this before but I wasnt able to find it in search. Also hope that this is in right spot for this.

As the title says, I'm needing a brake job soon. Rotor is getting bad and i believe that a caliper is starting to stick. The lines are likely 17 years old and brakes are to important to trust my life to 17 year old rubber. I don't like to do one side so going to do both to keep the system even. I'd like to upgrade to drilled and slotted rotors and maybe upgrade the calipers too as well as definitely better lines, but i don't want to spend $1200 bucks. (Guess we just figured out the cash value for my life) lol but the other thing I'm wondering, besides looking for a place to buy a complete kit, that's affordable. The other concern I have is if I'm traveling or any emergency that afyer installing and something does break and I don't have time to order a replacement. I want to be able to go to any auto store and buy a factory line/caliper/pad/rotor or what ever it is and run it on the upgraded system until I can order the part again. So basically needs to be a direct replacement upgrade system. Suggestions and advise appreciated. Brands worth the extra buck, brands not worth paying the extra for, places to order a whole system as a kit, etc.

Last edited by PSS-Mag; 05-30-2017 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Correcting auto correct
Old 05-31-2017, 05:48 AM
GreenBlazer2002 is on a distinguished road

Have you searched eBay or Amazon? There are numerous kits available at widely varying prices. If you're just looking for OEM replacement parts then you should be able to get what you're looking for for around between $400 per axle.
What kind of Blazer you got?

Old 05-31-2017, 05:48 AM
GreenBlazer2002 is on a distinguished road

Have you searched eBay or Amazon? There are numerous kits available at widely varying prices. If you're just looking for OEM replacement parts then you should be able to get what you're looking for for around between $400 per axle.
What kind of Blazer you got?

Old 05-31-2017, 06:44 AM

Never thought about Amazon, I haven't used eBay in probably 15 years. So far I have looked 1A auto, summit, jegs and did a general google search. Haven't checked oriellys or Auto zone yet. I'd definitely like to upgrade the lines to a braided or something with less exapnsion. Maybe drilled and slotted rotors for heat reduction on long hills or while pulling trailer. I'm not sure if there is much to be gained in dependability or pedal consistantcy in calipers.

It's a 2000, LS with 4.3, 4 door, 4wd. Front axle is the immediate concern. The rear will be soon but can wait a few months.

Old 05-31-2017, 10:22 AM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

RockAuto should have all the items you need and you can pick and choose between options for each of the items you need based on price, brand & performance. It will all be A La Cart. Google Rock Auto Discount and you can get 5% off coupon.

Old 06-02-2017, 09:08 PM

Thanks Mr vls, I'll have to look there. Getting pushed to back burner for a bit though. Thought I had my over heating at idle problem solved, but it came back, so I'm pounding my head on that at the moment.