Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Which is cheaper?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 03:00 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Pros/Cons

There is no decision. It's already been made. See?

Old 03-11-2008, 03:03 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

Ok I didn't see that you for sure got it. My missunderstanding!! So when are you expected to recieve it??

Old 03-11-2008, 03:05 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Haha GOOD! Glad you got it! My comment about holding out for a locker was a joke (I thought it was funny they said their powertrax is 67% stronger...just an odd ball number to me).

I would think you would want to replace the existing bearings and races and whatever other gizmos go into the rear diff. Then again I don't know what the cost of all those parts are, so maybe you can re-use what's good! I'm going to keep a close eye on this..I wanna upgrade to a locker or a G80 at least in the near future

Old 03-11-2008, 03:06 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't get it. The auction ends in 4 days. Wouldn't want to bid on it too early and jack up the price. Common sense ya know.

Old 03-11-2008, 03:09 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

Thats true, about jacking up the price!! I am currently trying to price out a limited slip for the rear of mine or just going to find a better rear end to handle more power!!

Old 03-16-2008, 09:43 PM
BF Veteran

I found out that the POWERTRAX I listed earlier won't fit in an open carrier upon further investigation. I ended up buying this one off eBay, should have it before Thursday and will get it installed this weekend when I visit home. Kinda wish I had held off on changing my fluid, but it had to be done to find out what I needed.

No more one-wheel-peels!

Old 03-17-2008, 11:02 AM
Dturner14 is an unknown quantity at this point

Got a question for you you said that it when You turn you hear the humming? Does it do it only when You turn one way or it doesnt matter which way you turn? Just wondering because Ive had a problem a few years ago like that on my 89' Blazer, but it was only when you turned right and it was the bearings in the rearendand I had the same metal shaving on my magnet. (Left Inner Bearing was short on rear end)

Old 03-17-2008, 01:23 PM
BF Veteran

Doesn't matter which way I turn. It happens because on turns one wheel is spinning faster than the other and you can really hear the spider gears. I paid for the posi late last night so it should've gone out this morning. Can't wait to get it installed this weekend!

Old 03-17-2008, 01:25 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Ahhhh I'm jealous..I want one real bad. It would be so nice not to just spin the wheels on a slight incline every time[:@]

Old 03-30-2008, 03:15 PM
BF Veteran

Posi came on Friday, not sure when installation will happen. I may have to price out local garages...

Quick Reply: Which is cheaper?