Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Edelbrock IAS shocks?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 05:27 PM
RCL
RCL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Edelbrock IAS shocks?

New to this forum and finding it helpful, thanks. I apologize if this has been answered. I have a 99 S10 Blazer 4x4 2dr and am replacing the factory Bilsteins soon. Was considering the Monroe Sensatracs but I think they might be too soft. Looked at the Monroe Reflex and those look OK, but then I started considering the Edelbrock IAS. What matters to me most is good handling and a smooth ride as I'm in my mid-40's and disabled with some physical problems so I'm willing to spend for the higher priced shocks if they will be good performers. I drive mainly around town and on the freeway but we don't have the best roads here in this part of Southern Utah. Also I might be moving to a more rural area with less maintained roads, so something that's going to last and be durable in a variety of conditions is important. Thanks for the help.

Old 05-01-2008, 10:17 PM
djdrew010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Edelbrock IAS shocks?

i have reflex's on my truck and my girlfriend has reflex's on her truck and I love them, i can feel a difference in the two trucks and they were relaced two months apart. I don't know if a 4 door vs. a 2 door has any effect but with her's (2 door) they are kind of stiff, and with mine they are more soft (i have a 4 door) it might be my suspension. but in the end I love they reflex's

Old 05-02-2008, 06:40 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I had the reflex shocks on the front of my Bravada and was very happy with them too. Never have used the Edlebrock AIS, but I know that others here have.

For the back of my Bravada, I had the SensaTrack w/ load assist for carrying my tools around.

Old 05-02-2008, 07:15 AM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

I have the IAS shocks and I think they give a great smooth Highway ride.

Old 05-03-2008, 12:33 AM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

I have the edlebrock IAS shocks. Have had them about 5,000 miles now. They are definately a stiffer shock. Great off road and on the freeway (and for loading up the blazer and not saggin). However I believe for you the Reflexes or sensatracks would be better since I have heard they handle better in the city potholes/expansion joints/etc. Mine truck feels like a truck when driving around in town for sure, but definately a nice ride on asphalt or concrete highways. Hope that helps.

Old 05-03-2008, 11:13 AM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point

I`m thinking of the IAS shocks also in my xtreme,, I looked on www.shockwarehouse.com and they have the listing for my truck..