Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Fabtech rear shackle kit and shock questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 11:47 PM
DDBlazer4x4 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Fabtech rear shackle kit and shock questions

Ok first i have a 2001 s10 blazer 4dr LT 4wd stock (for now)

Im trying to find a nice set of rear shackles. Done a lot of reading on here of witch set would be better then the other but found that everyone has diff opinions. No big deal i found this set that I really like ( http://www.thepartsbin.com/catalog/?...ch+shackle+kit ) but my only question is, that it doesnt say specifically that it fits the blazer. Through my searches i believe the s10 pickup rear leafs are the same as the blazer, correct me if im wrong please.
Now the shocks. Same with my searches on here everyone has diff opinions but in my reading ive found that i like the Rough Country RC9000. Anyone have these with a 2in rear shackle kit and a TB crank? Hows the ride?
Oh and once i get the shackle kit and shocks I plan to do the TB crank but Im sure that obvious. Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:57 PM
Beginning Member
s_sranchboy is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure bout the shackles but think the springs are the same. As far as the shocks go I like the ride of the reflex shocks. I've put alot on in the shop and that was the best handling/ ride and performance on the suv's I've found. Hope that helps a bit

Old 02-17-2011, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by s_sranchboy
I'm not sure bout the shackles but think the springs are the same. As far as the shocks go I like the ride of the reflex shocks. I've put alot on in the shop and that was the best handling/ ride and performance on the suv's I've found. Hope that helps a bit
Thanks and yes ive been looking into the reflex and have heard the same about their performance but thanks for your insight every little bit counts

Old 02-17-2011, 01:46 AM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

I ran the fabtec rear shackles on my 01 and they fit perfectly. Compared the to cheap autozone ones these things where bullet proof.

Did a little digging and found the part number in the garage.

FTS2094 Same as the ones in your link.

Have fun.

Old 02-17-2011, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by TheBrettster
I ran the fabtec rear shackles on my 01 and they fit perfectly. Compared the to cheap autozone ones these things where bullet proof.

Did a little digging and found the part number in the garage.

FTS2094 Same as the ones in your link.

Have fun.
Sweet Thanks a lot it is deff a load off my mind that someone used these and liked them. From the picture they look a whole hell of a lot stronger then any others ive found. And thanks again for your time searching for the part number.

The shackles and shocks are ordered cant wait till they get here. Thanks again for all the help

Old 02-17-2011, 11:45 PM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DDBlazer4x4
Sweet Thanks a lot it is deff a load off my mind that someone used these and liked them. From the picture they look a whole hell of a lot stronger then any others ive found. And thanks again for your time searching for the part number.

The shackles and shocks are ordered cant wait till they get here. Thanks again for all the help

You'll see they are 1/4 think iirc

Wish i had the rear angle but to show you how much it lifted it. Those were 31 bfg mudders btw.

Old 02-18-2011, 11:38 PM

@ TheBrettster: From this angle it looks pretty good and my target tire size is only 31x10.5 so it works perfect for me. Not really to much off roading where i live except the beach and the super deep mud holes the country boys have on the farms so im not looking for to much. I may travel to PA where i have some family that go off roading through the woods but once I do the shackles and TB crank ill be the same height maybe a little taller then most of them so id be good. Then later this year I may do a 2in body lift but thats about it. If i do that id be the biggest midsize truck in my area!!!! hahaha so I might just have too for S&G's but thanks again for all your help and info