Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Fill plug on the rear end of a 96

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 12:08 PM
Starting Member
j89lumaye is on a distinguished road
Question Fill plug on the rear end of a 96

Me, my dad, and a few of his friends hav all looked. But there is NO fill plug in sight. i took a wire brush and cleaned the 15 years worth of dirt and grease off. Everybody says passenger front side of the diff, and its not there. ive looked everywhere on the rear end. If we cant find it, and nobody can tell me where it would be, we r just going to fill it thru the vent tube

so, any help?

Old 07-05-2011, 12:19 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Rear Axle Service

If it's not there, I don't know what else to tell you my friend.

Old 07-05-2011, 12:29 PM
Starting Member

i guess i dint clean down far enough. its packed flush with grease/dirt. oops. i cleaned everything above the fin above it. looks like u hav a little bit of a seal leakage :P

Old 07-05-2011, 12:35 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Not my photo, it's from swartlkk's (Kyle's) very helpful Rear Axle Service thread I linked in my first response. Did you have a look?

Old 07-06-2011, 02:13 PM
Starting Member

Yeah, its there, i was beginning to think maybe somebody forgot to put it in there lol. She was packed flush nd wouldnt clean out with a wire brush