Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

finally some help I HOPE

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 08:52 PM
jagermeister585 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default finally some help I HOPE

I have a 1998 S10 blazer - 4wd 4-door 4.3L and it squeaks like a french *****. Well atleast as loud as one. It's coming from the front end to be specific. When i drive in alley's or by freeway walls in the far right lane or close to center divides; it squeaks likea bitch. Coming to stops at stoplights and accelerating; it squeaks like a bitch. It's embarrassing kinda.. I play my music hella loud and can't hear it from the inside. But if you're a person walking on the sidewalk or in the same parking lot you can hear me squeakin from far away. I got it up on both jacks today and took both front tires off and greased the upper and lower ball joints on the A-arms. I also did the Tie-rods too. I checked all the bushings that are in the A-arms (they're good!) The bushings in the torsion bars looked a little aged. lightweight cracked but it doesn't seem enough to make this horibble pig squeal. The sway bar bushings looked to be ok. Someone said some **** about having bushings in the shocks (where they mount up) as well.

to be more specific than specific; it squeaks at the slightest bump in the road, to speed bumps, to even just stopping at a light and accelerating. It does it WORST when it's cold. If I go through all of the touble of replacing every single bushing in the front end.. am I gonna solve my problem?

Old 01-29-2009, 08:55 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: finally some help I HOPE

you need to figure out whats squeaking. have someone replicate the squeak by rocking the front end, while youre under it checking the bushings. You should be able to pin point it pretty quickly. I have a bad squeak that sounds like a seal lion mating ritual, and its my sway bar bushings.

Old 01-29-2009, 09:16 PM

thats what it sounds like kinda the only real sound i could campare it to would be "grandma's old wooden rocking chair" squeaks and creaks. you ever heard a quad or atv of some sort with ungreased tie-rods? This is that exact same sound. the creaking and squealing-like squeaking. When you hop into the drivers seat it'll creak like 2 times. you can start it up... go down the road, it'll be fine. About after 3-5 minutes of driving.. you're already wanting to drive it off a ****in cliff or atleast back to home. thank god for ridiculously oversized subwoofers sometimes i drive around without a care in the world. but those headache days when you dont want to listen to music... it's like here, listen to this creak instead! only you can't turn it down and everyone looks at you like hmmm must go 4 wheel driving a lot! Nahhhh I've been 4wheeling I've done the deeds it's not for me (atleast in this truck) I want to slam it, put black 22's on it. big cross drilled and slotted rotors with nice painted calipers and totally do the engine. Roll pan the rear and shave all the door handles and make it keyless entry.

It'd be nice to get the PIG out of it before I try making it look nice and run like a champ.

(thinkin - full race cam from comp cams, reinforced hydraulic lifters, beefed push-rods, weiseco pistons, stronger crank, replace all rod bearings and piston rings, K&N or AEM cold air filter, MAF bypass or just an upgrade. Program and tune it shift points, air/fuel,etc.. etc. Not trying to go with excess bs and bolt onsto make hp. I want all engine and chipped.... incase the pigs in uniforms look under the hood. I got nothin to hide... just fancy exhaust!?!

Old 01-29-2009, 09:27 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: jagermeister585
.... incase the pigs in uniforms look under the hood...
I doubt that our Forum members in law enforcement will find that description very pleasing. Please remember that we have members of many different types of groups and we must try to be considerate of all.

Old 01-29-2009, 09:43 PM

well 99.9999999997583462526485% people call them that. And beings that this is not a law-enforcement based website and or ran by law enforcement servers, I am entitled to saying what I want just as much as you are entitled to saying what you want. you got my hopes up when I seen (3 replies) on my posting. Now, im depressed once again lost in my front end squeaking problem. thanks for the informational LET-DOWN reply, it helped with the squeaking.

Old 01-29-2009, 09:53 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Read and become familiar with the Forum rules, especially numbers 1,2, & 13.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:13 PM

ok, I've read 1,2, and 13.hmmm #1. I didn't use foul language

#2. In no way did I specifically taunt, hound or what have you anybody (specifically). I said it in plural form. with an S at the end. feelme? My opinion stands at what has been already said. law enforcement officials or staff can write their own opinions also. which must mean that we are both entitled to what we both say, under the constitutional rightscorrect? I bet 10 blazers you wouldn't delete a law enforcement persons post or have as quickly responded to the post as you had mine if I were an official?

#13 cool, there is no problem here. there never was, til' you mentioned something. then it escaladed to this. Which is infact yet, still not a problem, but a growing argument. you can do what you do I don't care. this is

im just trying to get my truck fixed while relating to other people who also enjoy the thrill of hot rodding, speeding, fast cornering, modifying their rides etc...etc. what better way than relate by talking normal to people?

Old 01-29-2009, 10:16 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Im going to have to concur with jagermeister... Nothing he said would even be bleeped by the FCC for tv, and they edit everything...so I think its all good