Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Front Diff Vibration

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 06:52 PM
Starting Member
Sean Mahoney is on a distinguished road
Default Front Diff Vibration

I just recently found out the vacuum for my front axle actuator for the 4x4 wasnt connected properly. I reconnected it and now my front diff will lock like it should when the 4x4 is engaged. Well I switched it back to 2 high and I had a vibration in the front end for about 5 miles and then instantly it was like I hit a very loud speed bump on the highway and it unlocked and smoothed out. It seems as though my front diff wasn't unlocking, but I am not sure if this would cause a vibration. And a vibration in the bearings or gears would be noticable from normal 2 high driving with the actuator disconnected. I can only assume the last owner disconnected the actuator for due to the vibration. I am just looking for a few pointers. Could the actuator cable be sticking and keeping it locked at the front diff? Reman 4l60 with less than 5k. Serviced Tcase at the same time I did the tranny. Did the front and rear axle service around the same time. Thank you for your time.

Old 02-05-2014, 08:50 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Check out the Tech Article (DIY) Index for an article title that pretty much sums up your situation.