Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Front end sag, weird 4WD issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 06:36 PM
texastrails is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Front end sag, weird 4WD issue

Ok, so for a while now my blazer has had this weird front end sag on the passenger side. It isnt alot, but it is noticeable and just irks me everytime i look at the front of my blazer. Its a 01 LT 4x4x4 with 111xxx miles on it. If you sit in the passenger seat you can tell the drop difference like crazy, in the back seat its not that bad. i thought maybe it was my front CV shaft/axle or something along those lines.a friend of mine measured from the frame to the ground both sides were level, yet from the body to the ground there was about an inch of difference on the passenger side. He said that it was probably due to my body lift, yet the front end sag has been there since i bought the truck about 4 months ago so im just kinda confused.

And for the next thing, which i think is actually the problem leading to the front end sag, is whenever i put my truck into 4hi after awhile of not using it, maybe like 3 days or so, the light flashes forever before engaging. I know its not the actuator, because i replaced it just because when i installed the body lift last month. After it finally does engage, for some reason the passenger front end lurches at low speed, and it lurches LOW. It would be like if someone put a square tire on it. It rolls a little bit, crazy dip, roll some more crazy lurch etc. Also while this is happening, 4hi reverse fights me and barely inches along unless you gun it. So if my 4hi messes up like that, i stick it back in 2hi, and the front passenger end jumps up and locks in place, but still that inch short of being level with the other end. Thats why i was thinkin maybe it was a 4WD component causing the sag. But after its in 2hi again, i can switch it back to 4hi and it will work perfectly fine without lurching or the reverse problem. Im pretty confused any help would be great

Old 08-25-2007, 04:10 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Front end sag, weird 4WD issue

that deffinitly sounds like a 4wd drive component maybe its the t-case thats causing it its really hard to diagnose over the computer but have you tried flushing out the fluid in your t-case and putting new fluid in try servicing the t-case then see what it does.