Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Front end Vibrations

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 12:24 PM
willjones is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Front end Vibrations

This has been an ongoing issue for months now and after hundreds of dollars in parts I still have a vibration at 65+. Below that it rides great. There is no noise, just vibration at those speeds. I have recently replaced all 4 ball joints, both CVs, and both wheel bearings. I took it in for a check on the alignment and they told me that there was play in both new CVs where they meet the Dif. They told me that the dif seals and bearings may be bad and that it might be causing the vibrations. Can anyone think of anything that it could be and if the bearings in the dif are bad, how hard are they to replace once I have the axles and everything out? I need to get this thing going down the freeway smoothly, because my new school is an hour away, and I am not trying to shake the whole way there.

Old 05-20-2009, 12:55 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Have you had your tires road force balanced?

Old 05-20-2009, 12:59 PM

ya had the tires balacned twice.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:00 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You should swing down someday!

Old 05-20-2009, 01:03 PM

I would come down right now.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:17 PM
Administrator

PM'd you about that. Back to your problem (sorry for the hijack).

You could see if it is the tires by rotating them front to back. If the vibration follows the wheels... If not, it is something else in the rotating assembly up front.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:28 PM

I will try that and let you know.

Old 05-21-2009, 02:19 PM

Went and had the tires force road balanced and turns out the vibrations are coming from slightly irregular tread wear. Not noticable when looking, but a slight chopping in the tread can be felt when spinning the tires. So looks like I am out another 500 bucks. I am starting to really dislike the Blazer.

Old 05-21-2009, 02:22 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

As a result of what?

Old 05-21-2009, 02:24 PM
Administrator

Damn that sucks. It is a problem with large blocky tread and running them at high speeds on the highways. My BFG M/T's are saw toothed a bit due to all of the highway miles the PO had put on the truck and never rotated them.

The thing with M/T tires is that they really should be rotated much more frequently than A/T or general highway tires due to their tread design. Crappy way to find out about it though...

Quick Reply: Front end Vibrations