Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Help with 4wd

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 10:26 AM
Jamaroon has a spectacular aura aboutJamaroon has a spectacular aura about
Default Help with 4wd

Ok guys, sorry to post another "no 4wd" topic but I'm running out of ideas.

This is on my Sonoma with the 3 button, 233 transfer case.

I've tried 3 different push button switches, 2 different encoder motors and 2 different TCCM's and it does the same thing no matter what.

When I turn the truck on all 3 lights light up for half a second or so, I think that part is normal but then they all go out. The 2wd light never lights up again after this point.

If I push any of the buttons, it will sometimes make both 4 hi and 4 lo light up and sometimes I can hear the transfer case try to shift, sometimes the lights stay out and sometimes I can't hear anything from the transfer case.

I've tried swapping different encoder motors, switches and TCCM's as I mentioned already. I've also tried doing the TCCM reset numerous times.

I have also done fault code lookup by connecting pins 4 and 13 on the obdII port. First time I did it, it gave me code 2, second time I tried it I couldn't get it to work again.

I have removed the encoder motor and shifted the transfer case manually and have confirmed it works and the front diff engages.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong? Could there be something like a ground for the TCCM that I might have missed hooking up that would cause this?

The fact that it's doing the same thing no matter what parts I swap has me stumped.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 10-01-2014, 01:20 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

sounds like you need to done of those mods where you just delete the electronics and go with a cable system. another easy thing to check is the fuses, its possible there could be a bad wire connecting to any of these things you replaced.