Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Help! posi lock

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 06:02 PM
Beginning Member
Big Paul is on a distinguished road
Default Help! posi lock

I got the DIY posi lock done (I did it the same way that one guy did his on this website on the wright up on a 95 blazer) and I have a question. When I pulled the T-handle inside which then pulled the shift cable that went down to my axle, it pulled the shift cable out about an inch and it would feel like it would engage and you couldnt pull it any farther even with vise grips. So, I then put my transfer case into 4 wheel drive and it engages but the front tires dont spin (I almost got my *** stuck because I drove out in our sandy pasture and then I pulled the posi lock and it didn't work so I was like Oh ****!). So I was wondering, the only thing it could posibly be is my stock shift cable going down to my axle is bad but yet it looks good. Is this very likely??? I know the gears are good so it aint them. And, if it is the shift cable, where do I find one???????????????

Old 07-31-2009, 07:42 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Either the shift cable is bad or where it attaches inside the front axle is broken.