Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

knockin in front right tire

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 08:02 PM
Beginning Member
wwilly1968 is on a distinguished road
Default knockin in front right tire

ok i have 89 chevy s10 blazer 4x4 replaced lower ball joint top seemed ok.. went out in the hills the other day after replacing lower ball joint and i still have a knockin noise comin from up there??? the ball joint i replaced was the original part so 20 some odd years i give the ol girl kudos for lasting that long i have had her six years bought her for six hundred and drove outa junk yard and thats been six years ago ... but this knockin noise bothers me i do alot of off roadin and dont wanna be way out in the sticks and have somethin go out.. so any input is appreciated.. oh and when iam liked stopped and take off slowly i hear a smaller knockin more like a click well anybody who has experienced this will know once again thanks.. oh and i know all my bushings are gettin bad but was tryin to stay away from all that butttttt....

Attached Thumbnails knockin in front right tire-1002101422.jpg   knockin in front right tire-0929101629a.jpg  

Last edited by wwilly1968; 10-04-2010 at 08:21 PM.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:41 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by wwilly1968
ok i have 89 chevy s10 blazer 4x4 replaced lower ball joint top seemed ok.. went out in the hills the other day after replacing lower ball joint and i still have a knockin noise comin from up there??? the ball joint i replaced was the original part so 20 some odd years i give the ol girl kudos for lasting that long i have had her six years bought her for six hundred and drove outa junk yard and thats been six years ago ... but this knockin noise bothers me i do alot of off roadin and dont wanna be way out in the sticks and have somethin go out.. so any input is appreciated.. oh and when iam liked stopped and take off slowly i hear a smaller knockin more like a click well anybody who has experienced this will know once again thanks.. oh and i know all my bushings are gettin bad but was tryin to stay away from all that butttttt....
You should post up your question in the correct area but to start how are the shock mounts and also how are the sway bar links?

Old 10-06-2010, 09:39 AM
Starting Member
robertr728 is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forums. You posted your question in the wrong area that's why your not getting responses. As for your noise you could have a bad CV joint now up front. Its very common after replacing ball joints since it commonly gets disturbed.

Old 10-06-2010, 06:19 PM
Beginning Member

shock mounts good sway mounts never realy paid to much attention their there i know that but what is wore out and what is bad everything on my blazer is pretty much original...

dont believe its cv joint i had it out today in the mudd and four whell locked low and high doesnt make a noise like that.... it's more a klunck noise hard to describe does not do it when i hit a bumb always more like when i well i dunno its weird if i hit a chuck hole doesnt do it but then sometimes it does....i dunno its weird was contemplating doin all bushings and joints.... but that could be exp...

Last edited by swartlkk; 10-06-2010 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Combining Consecutive Posts - Please edit your post to add additional information/questions if another member has not yet replied.
Old 10-09-2010, 05:50 PM
Beginning Member

ok here we go process of elimination... replaced lower ball joint right front posted about a knockin noise well had a gentleman tell me hey your upper c arm bushings r bad so off i go to nappa and then back in town again this morning mind you iam 20miles out in the hills and then back home spent four hours doin both sides.. and guess what still got a knock but wheni was doin the uppers i looked at lowers and i do believe there shot theres alot of space inbetween and hardly no rubber so... to know avail i should replace lowers now to .. yes ???? and r they harder to do than the tops c arm....???? and is there a rental tool or should i just go buy a air hammer like i see posted to use everywhere... when it comes to bushings and joints on a blazer for removal ?????

Last edited by wwilly1968; 10-09-2010 at 05:52 PM. Reason: switched wording