Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

NEED HELP BAD!!!! Transfer case

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 10:55 AM
Vermilion is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NEED HELP BAD!!!! Transfer case

I have just gotten back from vacation, and noticed a small dark spot under my Blazer. got under it and noticed the transfer case is leaking. So I poked around and found that it looked like it was leaking from (what looks like a drain plug) under the skid plate. So I figured it would be a quickfix by givingit a little tightning. I found out why it was leaking, with less force than I would put into a small screw into a shallow alluminum hole, POP!!It broke, and with all the fluid came a spring withsome kind of bumper sheath? I start back to work tomarrow, and need to try and fix this today! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-24-2008, 02:16 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: NEED HELP BAD!!!! Transfer case

You have got a lot of work ahead of you. Not too much we are going to be able to help you with I am afraid. You will need to remove the broken portion of the bolt and install a replacement. It is not going to be fun at all.

Old 08-24-2008, 02:39 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Oh dear...that's not good at all.

Kyle what piece is broken? T-case drain plug? Is there a spring inside the drain plug? I'm just curious because I was going to service my t-case relatively soon...annnndddd I would like to avoid this problem

Old 08-24-2008, 05:04 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The drain plugs are off the back of the t-case, not one of the perimeter bolts. Sounds like one of the perimeter bolts broke and is what is the immediate problems with Vermilion's truck.

Old 08-31-2008, 08:35 AM
Vermilion is an unknown quantity at this point

I love having this forum as a back up, just wish I could contribute more. So I do what I can buy going to at least 5 sponser links. I ended up spending ALL DAY!!!! rigging up that bolt!!!! OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still have no clue what it is, or dose. I frend at work has transfer cases laying around, but for 85 or 86, nothing on that one looks like the "bolt". I would explain how I fixed it, but I dont wanna jinx the repaire. Still hunting for what it is. I am gonna change the shocks this weekend, so I'm gonna post a pic to see if someone might know what it is. You guy's are the BEST!!!!

PS. Wolf, great sig.now I know what my poor old truck would look like if the sarge/accountant/wife would let me do to mine! LOL

Thanks again!