Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

new shocks

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 08:55 PM
metalheadgoalie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default new shocks

as part of fixing up this 99 envoy i just got, i needa get new shocks tomorrow and i was wondering which would u recommend, monroe shocks or the rancho shocks u can adjust(i personally am siding with the rancho shocks as i want to do some offroading once and awhile but i want my truck to feel good for the mos tpart on the road)

Old 06-03-2007, 09:16 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: new shocks

I put Monroe Reflex shocks up front and Monroe Sensatrak with load assist on the rear of my Bravada right after I bought it. It was a nice firm ride, but wasn't bad when bombing across a field helping my dad.

Old 06-03-2007, 09:24 PM

so monroe would be ur top choice, thats my parent's choice too so i might just be forced, by them, to go that way haha

Old 06-03-2007, 09:49 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I have never been let down by Monroe shocks, but the ranchos work well as well. Replaced the shocks on my old Ram with Ranchos, but didn't keep it long enough to see how good they stayed...

Old 06-03-2007, 10:10 PM

how long did those monroes last u

Old 06-03-2007, 10:21 PM
Administrator

The Monroes on the Bravada were on there for around 20k miles, but on my old Intrepid, I had replaced the struts all around with Monroe Sensatraks and they were on there for 75k miles without a problem. Sold that car riding just like it had when i replaced them in the first place.

My dad's '94 GMC 2500 farm truck has gotten Monroe shocks when necessary. He beats the crap out of his trucks and they last around 50-60k miles per set on the GMC. With over 250k miles on the chassis, we've been through a few sets.

Old 06-03-2007, 10:39 PM

wow, just by the time theyve lasted im impressed haha

Old 06-03-2007, 11:17 PM
Starting Member
viper4559 is an unknown quantity at this point

What do you guys think about the Edelbrock IAS shocks or the Max Control Mono-Tube Gas Shocks

Old 06-04-2007, 11:39 PM

i just got the shocks, it turns out that the shocks were the same ones the factory installed back in 99 haha, im really liking the monroes but i feel bad for takin out the rear levelin shocks that came factory installed but oh well i dont tow anythign anyways