Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

The odd noise???

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 11:14 PM
watsonmt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: The odd noise???

well WFD28 what does it mean :P

Old 09-24-2008, 07:16 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It is possible that the torsion bar support mount (at the back of the torsion bar where the support mounts to the frame) has gone bad. The mount is similar to an engine mount with overmolded rubber to cushion the connection.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:15 PM
watsonmt is an unknown quantity at this point

ya my problem is extrrrremly loud clunking and vioelnt vibrations under acceleration but i tried takeing all 4 wheels off the ground and reved it up in 4 wheel drive and no vibrations or clunks at all i have replaced cv axle, hub, ball joints, all ujoints and nothing helped the problem all of these things were bad though but just wernt the cause of the main problem really getting frestrated on this one....ill check the mount tomorow moring and see if that is it thanks guys.

oh ya and around 70 km before it switchs greas i can here and clicking and almost like a grinding from up front like something is trying to engage....

Old 09-25-2008, 06:29 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

watsonmt, please create a new thread on your problem as it does not seem to be the same as that being experienced by the original poster.