Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Quick suspension advise needed please

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 04:13 PM
Skinkutter is on a distinguished road
Default Quick suspension advise needed please

I plan to replace EVERY part of my frontend some weekend soon IE; ball joints (upper and lower) Steering link kit, idler arm, pitman arm, wheel bearings, control arm/a-frame bushings, shocks, and cv joints. Does anyone know the best place to buy this stuff? Online ordering is a possibility. I am not looking for the "lifetime warrantee" made in china **** from Advance auto parts! I need to find good stuff that will last and work well. I especially would appreciate your opinion on shocks. I have a '99 Blzer 2 door 4x4 with stock suspension on Vagare 20's so I def need good shocks. Tire size is 275/40/20 if that matters. The last *** to own it ran 255/35/22's which are not friendly on a stock 4x4 suspension EVERYTHING is junk. The sooner I figure out what/where to buy the sooner I can get it done. The suspesion really sounds like it's falling out. Thanks Shawn Okay, I will be ordering my joints from Power Performance ,but i still need wheel bearing (not crappy ones), cv joints(probably Autozone), and the shocks. The shocks are the BIG question. Thanks

Last edited by Skinkutter; 07-22-2009 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Update
Old 07-22-2009, 04:30 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of
Default Quick suspension advise needed please

Rockauto.com is a good site to check out with decent prices as for shocks just get a good quality name brand just because you have 20's doesnt mean you need some sort of special shock.

Old 07-22-2009, 04:34 PM
Skinkutter is on a distinguished road
Default shocks

Originally Posted by mikeinwi
Rockauto.com is a good site to check out with decent prices as for shocks just get a good quality name brand just because you have 20's doesnt mean you need some sort of special shock.
i definately need a better shock with twenties! They stiffen the ride up significantly, so I believe I need a softer shock to cushion the ride more.