Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

rear end

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 01:20 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of
Default rear end

so i just looked up some of my RPO codes and found out i have 3.42 gears,positraction, and limited slip now i have no idea what wat these mean or do so i was just wondering if someone could give me a lil info on the subject and pro/cons of the 3 features. thanks

Old 05-11-2008, 01:38 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: rear end

Well, positraction and limited slip are the same thing (just different ways of saying it). The only options for the s-series suvs were either an open diff or the G80 RPO code which is the gov-loc, locking rear diff. Run a search for G80 and you should turn up quite a bit of information.

3.42 is the gear ratio (3.42 turns of the driveshaft for every one turn of the wheel to put it simply).

Old 05-11-2008, 01:42 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

alright will do thanks for the info

Old 05-11-2008, 04:57 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

I want a G80 [&o]