Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Rear end?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 05:05 AM
Starting Member
Blazer hell is on a distinguished road
Default Rear end?

I have a 95 blazer Lt 4 door with the v6 vortec engine. It has been making a whine when I excelerate but not when I decelerate. I did my research and found out its my bearings. I couldn't afford to pay 1000 to 2000 to have them done nor did I want to do it myself because of the spacing and movements of the gears had to be just right. I replaced the t case myself and have had 0 issues with that. I noticed when I break medium to hard, that it feels like the rear end of the truck moves. Like maybe the whole rear end pops out. I don't know how to describe it. But..... now..... my truck was making a nasty grinding from the rear it seemed like and now the truck will not move forward or backwards. I can't get it to go up the hill before my house and when it's in park, the truck still moves or rolls on the hill. Like its in not in park. I have to use the emergency break to keep it in place. This is a automatic truck. Shouldn't do that. What is it? I can make a youtube video tomorrow.