Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 09:13 PM
Starting Member
Numba1Sean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shocks

Which are better the monroe reflex (twin tube low pressure) or monroe reflex (monotube performance)??

Old 09-08-2008, 01:25 PM
Starting Member
Default RE: Shocks

did i post in the wrong section or something? its just a question dont have a hissy fit with this.

Old 09-08-2008, 02:11 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Guess I had to do the search for you... I did not answer previously because I did not know... You also did not list any intentional use of the vehicle... Something which is critical in proper application of components. A quick Google search resulted in a lot of information.

To hit the high points:

Monotube shocks are a high pressure design which has good adaptability and life expectancy in offroad conditions, but ride quality may suffer.

Twin tube shocks are of a low pressure design which is good for control and comfort. Twin tube shocks can be gas pressurized as well as position sensitive damping, but they may not last as long as a monotube shock offroad.

Google FTW! Who is having the hissy fit??

Old 09-08-2008, 03:52 PM
Starting Member

well i live in CT and conditions arent horrible. looking for a good shock all around which is good for offroad as far as on road. we have alot of bumps around here and my blazer hits them hard. not to mention i bounce around like crazy. so what is your reccomended shock for those conditions? yea yea google ftw but i figured i would ask a professional first lol. well nobody yet but the last time i double posted i think it was you that got mad at me, but i dont member lol. so it was kindof a joke. also i was hoping that someonewho bought these would say which ones theyhad so i know which ones to go with. i just dont want to feel every single little bump.

Old 09-08-2008, 04:18 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

IMO, the reflex shocks in general are quite a bit more stiff than stock. Hard bumps will still transmit into the body, but they hold the road a lot better than stock. I do not know whether I used mono-tube or twin-tube reflex shocks on my Bravada. I liked them though.

If your shocks are shot, anything will be a huge improvement.

And it is not double posting. When you bump a post after a few minutes, or even a few hours is when you violate the rules of the forum. If you have not gotten a response after 24hrs, it is permissible to bump the post.

Old 09-08-2008, 04:32 PM
Starting Member

dam i wish you knew which ones ya used. ah thats what the deal is with that. thats a harsh rule lol, but i can live with that. so hopefully someone else will have more insight on this subject and what they used. thanx for your help though.