Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Solid axle swap 96 blazer questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 11:50 AM
Starting Member
bdemutis is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rexmburns
That will work if you don't mind being raped with the cost of it! Not to mention it still won't correct the cv angles since it doesn't lower the front diff any. So really you may as well save yourself $992 and crank your torsion bars a bit with what you have now and then spend $50 tops on some rear shackles. Check out the Rought Country kit. It is half the cost and it includes a diff drop brackets to put things back at the correct angles.

The torsion bars are what give the 4wd s-series trucks their lift and I figured I would help you out with the correct knowledge on the subject.

Rather than getting so defensive why don't you just see that what I am trying to do is give the OP correct information regarding his vehicle rather the the incorrect info you posted. I get it we all make mistakes or get confused I've done it and when I do I man up and say thanks for the correction!!

And yes there will be "terminology police" on the forums! Thats how people get the right info!!

And look I'll even do it to Newguy and I bet he won't be all butt hurt about the correction! Newguy thats a fullsize swap kit so it won't work on the s-series.
Yea I seen the kit on rough country I think I can put together my own kit from parts online that will be cheaper because the only think that gives you lift in there kit is the keys and shackles the shocks and control arms and new brackets don't do anything right?

Old 03-26-2013, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Bdemutis just disegard what ever he says! He doesn't want to admit that he either doesn't know what hes talking about or was simply confused so I wouldn'd pay much attention to him if I were you. Honestly if I were you I would just do a mild tbar crank and shackles and put some 31's on there. You can have a ton of fun with that setup and it won't being needing repairs every time you turn around. The simple answer to your original question about sas is that there is no such thing as a cheap sas swap. You could take your time buying everythng here and there as you find it at good prices but you are still looking at $1000-1500 by the time you are done! The little things required add up very quickly! I would say take some more time and read everything you can find as far as build threads and such and then determine farther down the line if the sas is something you really want to tackle.

Old 03-26-2013, 11:59 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by bdemutis
Yea I seen the kit on rough country I think I can put together my own kit from parts online that will be cheaper because the only think that gives you lift in there kit is the keys and shackles the shocks and control arms and new brackets don't do anything right?
The arms will help to correct your ball joint angles once you have cranked the tbars with this kit. It also includes the diff drop bracketry need to correct the cv angles. For the money it really is a pretty decent kit with pretty good reviews. The new shocks are really just a bonus but nice to have since most of these trucks have original and worn shocks anyway.

Sorry for the double post mods! He responded while I was typing the first response lol!

Old 03-26-2013, 12:14 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Rex oops my bad

Old 03-26-2013, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator

See I told you he wouldn't be upset lol!! No worries at all newguy!!

Old 03-26-2013, 12:34 PM
Jamaroon has a spectacular aura aboutJamaroon has a spectacular aura about

I just wanted to say good job rex! lol

Seems like everytime I read something "incorrect" (polite way of saying it), I feel the need to say something about it. Then I read a little further and you've pretty much said everything I've wanted to say, only in a much nicer way than I would have. lol

So good job, and thanks from preventing me from saying something that might get me in trouble

Old 03-26-2013, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

HAHA!! Thank you good sir I try to keep it peaceful as best I can while still passing along the correct information to a fellow member in need of some assistance.

Old 03-26-2013, 01:14 PM
Banned
chestypuller can only hope to improve

Trust me when i say rex isnt always right.

Old 03-26-2013, 01:19 PM
Super Moderator

haha your funny!! I already admitted that I'm not always right! But in this case I am

Old 03-26-2013, 01:30 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

rex, you werent right by responding to him

Quick Reply: Solid axle swap 96 blazer questions