Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

squeaking noise from rear when turning

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 03:54 PM
Busted99jimmy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default squeaking noise from rear when turning

hi all i have a 99 jimmy 4wd and every time i turn the corner it squeaks pretty loud and when i have like 3 people in the car it squeaks also and now since my girlfriend hit another guard rail and ripped of the drivers side rear bumper every time i put my foot on the break it sounds like brake fluid spitting so i took the rear driver stire off and everything looks ok i am at a loss she has done so much damage to it it is unbelieveable i still got 2 more years to pay on it can someone possible diagnose this for me?

Old 01-05-2009, 04:03 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: squeaking noise from rear when turning

Please, Brian, use punctuation in your posts. It makes it so much easier to understand. Can you give us a clue as to where the squeaks are coming from (interior, exterior panels, suspension, etc)? Is there any evidence of brake fluid leaking? Sorry to hear about the damage.

Old 01-05-2009, 04:20 PM
Busted99jimmy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: squeaking noise from rear when turning

Sorry about the run-on sentences. Its just this makes me so pissed off that this is happening to my baby unfortunatly i have no pics of the damage. the squeaking has taken place for a few months now asi was researching on here i came up with possible u joints? also the noise like its a bleeding line sounds like it right in the middle in the rear or when i stick my head out of the window it sounds like the rear driver side where she hit the rail. i tokk that wheel off and found no evidence of anything broken...although i have no idea what to look for. i am not sure on the shocks neither because it only squeaks sometimes and the squeaks are neevr the same they get loud and then low im at a loss