Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Front end thinks its a pogo stick

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 09:28 PM
Beginning Member
guitar134 is on a distinguished road
Default Front end thinks its a pogo stick

The issue is most prevalent off road on the dirt and 2 tracks. the issue is when i enter a dip or low spot and come back out, the front of the truck launches and slams hard. its not the bounce you get with worn shocks mine are new with less than 1k on them (monroe oe sprectrum all 4) ive had my friends confirm that at times the front tires do come off the ground at relatively low speeds ~25mph on small dips that all their trucks handle fine as does my 06 envoy. it happens at low speeds to and can even be worse at low speeds. less than 10mph. my torsion bars are original (200k) and i have adjusted them to level the truck. passenger is fully cranked up the drivers is about 3 rotations back from full crank. and my passenger bump stop is worn while the drivers side is missing. im wondering if the bump stop isnt the issue. all 4 ball joints are new as are tie rods and steering parts

thanks in advance

Old 11-28-2017, 08:22 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

The missing bump-stops could be part of the issue, as that combined with the old torsion bars could be allowing excessive travel of the front suspension. The hard landing could be the control arms bottoming out against the frame because there is not bump-stop to catch that last bit of travel.

Old 12-03-2017, 01:12 PM
07nhbpsi is on a distinguished road

Honestly, don't put a whole lot of trust in Any monroe shocks......I put some on my 2010 Ranger, I just replaced them with bilsteins immediately noticed improvement....I used the oe spectrum, less than 30k highway driving & they all were leaking...... for sure though replace those bumpstops ....if u are doing any off-roading those monroes will be garbage in No time....

Old 12-03-2017, 01:16 PM
07nhbpsi is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by guitar134
The issue is most prevalent off road on the dirt and 2 tracks. the issue is when i enter a dip or low spot and come back out, the front of the truck launches and slams hard. its not the bounce you get with worn shocks mine are new with less than 1k on them (monroe oe sprectrum all 4) ive had my friends confirm that at times the front tires do come off the ground at relatively low speeds ~25mph on small dips that all their trucks handle fine as does my 06 envoy. it happens at low speeds to and can even be worse at low speeds. less than 10mph. my torsion bars are original (200k) and i have adjusted them to level the truck. passenger is fully cranked up the drivers is about 3 rotations back from full crank. and my passenger bump stop is worn while the drivers side is missing. im wondering if the bump stop isnt the issue. all 4 ball joints are new as are tie rods and steering parts

thanks in advance
Btw, noticed u said all front end parts are new......Did u drop the coin for Good parts? (Moog) (trk) or Acdelco ??? If not than that could be part of the problem........learned years ago about lifetime warranty budget parts.......Never again...Not to mention always had some kind of issue in front end, till I redid it using the moog parts

Old 12-03-2017, 06:42 PM
Beginning Member
guitar134 is on a distinguished road

Had it in the air this weekend, i guess i lost the other bump stop at some point and what you said about monroes is right. they are all rusting up and the rubber is already breaking down in the bushings.

this poor thing is likely only to live off road really anymore, and likely it will get enjoyed a little more since its not a daily.

i did use more budget parts in the front, but i check them alot and evn this weekend everybodys tight.

ill order some bump stops and maybe try to find a set of decent shocks to slap on it see what happens