Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

sway bar bushings

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 07:01 PM
Beginning Member
bikernutgoofy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default sway bar bushings

I have a 1992 S-10 Blazer 4 dr, 4X4 and want to replace the front sway bar bushing with grease able polyurethane bushings if available can some one direct me in the right direction with part #'s? The bar is the 31.5mm or 1 1/4" what ever you feel better using, I want the frame mount as well as the A-frame ones (all 4 bushings) but I seem to only find the frame ones in my search and not the A-frame. I have a hell of a noise in the vehicle and I noticed the bushing are worn and I am also going to replace the front shocks, I have Rancho in there now and they are life time guarantee but can't find the purchase slip and they would find a way to not replace them any way. This is a stock vehicle with no mods and I purchased it new so no one else as had any thing to do with it.

Old 02-07-2009, 08:11 PM
Starting Member
Bigringtravis is on a distinguished road
Default RE: sway bar bushings

Check out my thread here: https://blazerforum.com/m_106211/tm.htm

Just make SURE you verify that this IS what you need!!!

Hope that helps you out!

Old 02-08-2009, 04:41 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

I thought blazers only came with 28mm or 33mm sway bars?

Old 02-08-2009, 07:39 AM
Starting Member
Bigringtravis is on a distinguished road

My rear swaybar is 23mm... This is why I state to verify what yours is and, I used a caliper to measure mine.

Old 02-08-2009, 07:41 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Ahhh..yea...Im just talking about the front . Tthe front bar should either be 28 or 33. with ZR2s and "Premium Ride' or something getting the bigger front sway bars on the non-z blazers..

Old 02-08-2009, 10:53 AM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point

Might be different for 2nd gens but back in October when I went in to get my sway bar bushings they had 5 different sway bar diameters listed of course my front sway bar doesn't even look like the 2nd gens ones (no bolts with bushings for a link, my bushing just slides over the end of the bar and bracket fits over top to bolt directly to bottom of lower control arm)

Old 02-08-2009, 06:46 PM
Beginning Member

the 28mm and 32mm are on 1994 and newer but mine is a 1992 with the 32mm bar measured with my caliper.

Old 02-11-2009, 10:37 AM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Check out Energy Suspensions, they should have what you're looking for.

Old 02-11-2009, 12:43 PM
Beginning Member

well I ordered bushing kit from Summit along with a set of Rancho 5000 shocks, thanks for the help guys.

Old 02-15-2009, 06:15 PM
Beginning Member

well I changed out the sway bar bushings and all 4 shocks but the noise is still there. I did a bit of bump driving and had a co-pilot listen with his ear to the rear floor and the noise is more to the front, so we did a bit of pot hole driving with him beside the pot hole ( here in New Hampshire the pot holes are very plentiful this time of year) and we think it is the left torque rod as the noise is right under the drivers butt. Are there bushings there also and what does it take to change them out? I used to be an ASE mechanic back in the early 80's but left the dealership for a better paying and not so cut throat job so I have never had to deal with torque rods. thanks guys

Quick Reply: sway bar bushings