Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

tranfer case not engaging!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 01:06 AM
Blazin_1t_up is an unknown quantity at this point
Default tranfer case not engaging!!!!!!

iight guys it says its in butthe front wheel are not lighting up on the panel and i fixed the linkage from where it came off but now it wont engage can somone please hlp me

Old 08-29-2008, 06:31 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: tranfer case not engaging!!!!!!

There is a position switch in the front axle which will illuminate the light on your console when the front axle is engaged. Seems the actuator under the battery is not pulling on the engagement cable like it is supposed to.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:01 PM

now where would that be located at

Old 08-29-2008, 05:02 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Which one? The position switch that is on the front axle, the vacuum actuator which is under the battery, or the battery itself?

Old 08-30-2008, 12:44 AM

ok my man ill give it a shot

Old 09-05-2008, 11:09 AM

OK man i tryed wat u said and i looked and looked and bought parts and nothin seems to be workin.... it now makes the sound that its engaging but it dont show that it is and the front tire dont spin.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:10 AM
Administrator

I guess we should get back to basics here. Does the problem you are experiencing extend beyond the light illuminating in the console? Have you put all 4 wheels in the air and engaged the 4wd system to see if all wheels turn? Have you verified that the transfer case is engaging into 4wd?

Old 09-05-2008, 11:16 AM

yes... ok here whe it all happened i went wheelin high center VERY bad broke the 4 wheel linkage and lost all mobility and b/c it was stuck in nuetral so the next day i got out there after towin it home and messed with the linkage arm it slide into 2 wheel i bought the linkage and stuff and put it all on and now nothin is happening... does this help any

Old 09-05-2008, 11:18 AM
Administrator

Very different from your original question. If you cannot engage any other modes in the transfer case, then it is possible that you damaged the selector shaft inside the transfer case.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:22 AM

i say that nothin is happenin ... but i can put it in 4 wheel but it is very hard and it clanks HARD into 4wheel low

*Combining Consecutive Posts*

but 4wheel isnt workin...

*EDIT by swartlkk* - Please use the edit feature to add further information to your post if another member has yet to reply.

Quick Reply: tranfer case not engaging!!!!!!