Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

tranfer case not engaging!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 11:24 AM
Blazin_1t_up is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: tranfer case not engaging!!!!!!

but 4wheel isnt workin...

Old 09-05-2008, 11:37 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Not to split hairs, but you only mentioned the fact that the front axle engagement light was not illuminating in this thread. Regardless, it does not matter where/when you mentioned it.

Support the vehicle on jack stands with all four wheels in the air, start the engine, engage the transfer case into 4HI or 4LO, put the transmission in drive, and then look under the truck. If the front drive shaft is spinning, then the problem lies with the front axle engagement vacuum actuator. If it does not spin, then you did more serious damage to the transfer case and may need to remove it and open it up to determine what went wrong (or get on from a junkyard to swap in).

Old 09-05-2008, 11:40 AM

i understand that andi didnt realize that

alright i will give that a shot

Old 09-07-2008, 11:23 PM
Beginning Member
4thgenssuck is an unknown quantity at this point

iam having the same problem.i was driving in a rain storm to work when my service 4x4 light came on..now my lights on the switch dont light up and it doesn't go into 4x4.hopefully its just a vac line busted...

Old 09-08-2008, 07:01 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

A busted vac line will not cause electrical problems. I would inspect the electrical connections at the TCCM first. If that is not the cause, the next choice is whether you want to have it properly diagnosed or try to replace components...

Old 09-08-2008, 11:45 PM

idk im gonna just go to a machanic