Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

What ceramic brake pads to choose

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 02:23 PM
Starting Member
Marcin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What ceramic brake pads to choose

I would like to ask you about opinion on ceramic brake pads. I do not know what is better to buy NAPA/Akebono pads or ACDelco. What do you think about? Wha is the difference? All are D3EA certified.

Regards, Marcin

Old 06-18-2008, 06:48 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: What ceramic brake pads to choose

Doesn't help much, but you can't go wrong with either. Which one is cheaper and which has the better warranty?

Old 06-18-2008, 08:56 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

I also suggest looking into raybesto's ceramic pads, I have used those for years and they "IMO" perform the best!!

Old 10-30-2008, 11:06 AM
Beginning Member
kawidood is an unknown quantity at this point

I was at my mechanic now and he "convinced" me to buy ACDelco brakes and rotors for my 97 (I wanted ceramic and apparently ACDelco also makes ceramic). I was originally thinking about Bendix and some other aftermarket rotor but he felt OEM was best. Did I make the wrong decision? Anyone have any experience with ACDelco brakes? (Specifically ceramic). I've always felt my OEM brakes SUCK and I feel like I may have made a mistake. Any input?

Old 10-30-2008, 12:57 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

AC Delco ceramics are very good pads. Stock ceramic applications have very good luck with brake life in my experience. My dads Silverado came with them stock and he has over 65k and counting on the original brakes all the way around. Their Caddy just had its first brake job at 57k miles on the original pads/rotors. My Rainier is getting close to 40k with the original stuff. My rotors have a bit of warpage in them, but nothing I am worried about yet.

Old 11-02-2008, 01:24 AM
Beginning Member
kawidood is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your reply swart. So far I'm not particularly impressed. I'm hearing some grinding sounds as the car slows down, but I will assume that's only because the brakes need to be "worn in".

Old 11-02-2008, 10:49 AM
Banned
Duntov is an unknown quantity at this point

NAPA (Raybestos) UP CMX7070A Ceramixfront pads and NAPAcalipers w/hardware, left front SDC2422046, right front SDC2422047 is what I used recently. Theyare excellent and have no dust or noise.I also used new NAPA rotors. It remains to be seen how long they will last in city driving.