Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

wheel spacers

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 05:14 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road
Default wheel spacers

ok so i have thought about getting some wheel spacers. i just want to give my blazer a wider looking stance. i dont know much about wheel spacers except that they push the wheels out more. does this harm any of the steering components or anything like that at all? also what kind of wheel spacers should i look at i was thinking of getting 1.5" to 2" spacers put on or something close to that. also since to me wheel spacers r just hard metal that has studs on it that screws into ur old studs would i beable to fab up a set of my own (i have access to a welder) so am i just able to weld the studs to the spacer itself w/ the correctly drill holes?

Old 03-06-2008, 05:36 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: wheel spacers

Search... Or just look in the Related Threads menu below...

Old 03-06-2008, 06:37 PM

ya i tried the search but i couldnt find anything specific until i clicked on the related threads part lol wow after watchin that RX-7 vid where all the wheels come off lol ya not gettin spacers LOL

Old 03-06-2008, 07:10 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

That clip with the RX-7 was the wrong lug nuts, not spacers IIRC.

Old 03-06-2008, 07:47 PM

ORIGINAL: TripleBlackBlazer

That clip with the RX-7 was the wrong lug nuts, not spacers IIRC.
LOL ok thats sooo hilarious tho lol so ik from reading that one thread that wheel spacers r a debatable topic does anyone have any pix of their ride w/ wheel spacers on? (a before and after would be cool but if not thats ok)

Old 03-06-2008, 08:34 PM
Jigg is an unknown quantity at this point

Before:

After:

Before (bad pic, sorry):

After:

Old 03-06-2008, 09:29 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

Wheel spacer's on a sealed hub front end I don't agree with putting them on!! If you put them on a spindle type hub they actually don't do to bad. Just be careful and check your spacer's every week or if you feel something isn't right!!!

Old 03-06-2008, 10:10 PM
Jigg is an unknown quantity at this point

Haven't had a single problem with the spacers on the front end.

Old 03-06-2008, 10:14 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

ORIGINAL: Jigg

Haven't had a single problem with the spacers on the front end.
Yea I probably just had a bad spacer, it might have been bent but it lined up fine just ended up snapping my lugs clear off!!