Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

YAY! I just scored a zexel torsen

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 04:36 PM
Banned for childishly attempting to delete all his posts
jsmz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default YAY! I just scored a zexel torsen

Got a good deal. 52,000 mile take out from a 2000 z28 for $130 shipped.

Does anyone have any tips for a quick carrier swap, or is it as straight forward as it seems?

I read somewhere that with my 3.42 gears i might have to file down the cross pin? Anyone know anything about that?

Old 05-24-2010, 11:20 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

What gears do you have in your diff now and what did the Z28 have?

Old 05-25-2010, 09:48 AM

i got the right carrier. i have 3.42 & the carrier is a 3 series that has 3.23's on it right now.

Those gears will be for sale in the for sale section too once they arrive.. just a heads up in case anyones interested lol

Old 05-26-2010, 11:51 AM

Well, im off to put this thing in. thanks for all the non - help guys. :/

Old 05-26-2010, 12:01 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If you didn't like the responses, or lack there of, you could have simply bumped the post and/or asked them again... No need to be rude... That kind of attitude is what lends itself to your current situation. Besides, the weather is nice and everyone is out doing their own thing. It pays to be nice... Think of it this way, you could pay for the advice...

If you are thinking of doing this, you should already know that you will have to set the gear pattern by changing the shim stacks side to side. You may need more or less shims than you already have.

If the carrier is the same series as what you have now, the gears should fit without having to modify anything...

Also, I'm not sure I would choose a torsen diff in a offroad truck... IMO, a locker is stronger than a torsen diff.