Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Street N Strip (https://blazerforum.com/forum/street-n-strip-26/)
-   -   Destroyed My Engine (https://blazerforum.com/forum/street-n-strip-26/destroyed-my-engine-35816/)

ChevyBlazerChick 10-13-2009 05:15 PM

Destroyed My Engine

So I was on my way to Court this morning... when my truck decides that it wants to throw a couple Pistons through my oil pan. So I'm tearing it apart right now and I'll be updating it shortly. I think I may have blown like 4 pistons...

So I'm not too happy.

The_Beast 10-13-2009 05:27 PM

Why were you on your way to court?

ChevyBlazerChick 10-13-2009 05:53 PM

My seatbelt broke and I gt pulled for it... what makes things worse. My Trooper wasn't there so the Case got continued... I didn't even have to be there.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3502/...0016e12a85.jpg
Can't remember where the other blown ones are.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2655/...01f9b650d7.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2523/...7a72ed62aa.jpg
One Hole
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2453/...f91dbae3ef.jpg
Two Hole

And those are just the big ones
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2426/...e9a38cbd6a.jpg
Piston Parts
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2473/...75aabf88df.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2673/...467451bb1b.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2582/...97bb2d6e0b.jpg

When I drained my Oil Pan... pretty much nothing but water came out... that was fun... and then when I drained my Radiator... hardly anything came out.

Dirty Girl even got Impounded cause she wasn't all the way off the road. Then the trooper was surprised that I, a chick, was working on the truck when he called to say that it was impounded lol.

okvortec 10-13-2009 06:56 PM

Wow I don't think I've ever seen anything like that! That sucks :(

Sisk 10-13-2009 06:57 PM

wow...that's some solid damage. Dirty Girl seems to be cursed. Ever think of ditching her and getting a new dirty girl? Seems like this is going to be a major and expensive re-build...

ChevyBlazerChick 10-13-2009 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Sisk (Post 254339)
wow...that's some solid damage. Dirty Girl seems to be cursed. Ever think of ditching her and getting a new dirty girl? Seems like this is going to be a major and expensive re-build...

I will kill you with a spoon if you ever mention that again!

I think I may find a secondary vehicle while she's out of commission... maybe a nice little Motorcycle... Easy on gas... I'll be able to rub it in my boyfriend's face... I'll look smokin hott on one lol. Just some of the perks if I get one.

blazerguy22 10-13-2009 08:54 PM

well damn that really does suck but i still dont get how in the blue hell you managed to throw 4 pistons through the oil pan thats almost unheard of. atleast for a small block chevy anyway

oktain 10-13-2009 08:57 PM

Get an S-series truck lmao.

That's nasty looking. Good luck on the rebuild, I agree with Alex on this one though, I think she's cursed.

abig84 10-13-2009 09:04 PM

you can find engines pretty cheap for these things... good job on blowing the engine though. ive always wanted to do that

Biohazed 10-13-2009 09:16 PM

wow your 350 defiantly grenaded there.... how much damage to the block? I can imagine the the Cranks is wiped and obviously the pistons and connecting rods are history too.

ChevyBlazerChick 10-13-2009 09:40 PM

Not sure about the block. I'm still in the process of disconnecting wires from the engine. But I'm sure if I've destroyed 4 pistons... the block isn't going to be much better lol.

I'll pop the Valve Covers off tomorrow first thing. lol see how bad these pistons are.

And I suggest unless you absolutely hate the vehicle... or it's not yours... don't blow the engine. It's heartbreaking. I almost cried.

1oldK5 10-13-2009 09:56 PM

That's a tough break, sorry to hear it. Don't worry it's an old chevy they are dirt cheap and parts are everywhere! I just built a motor for mine but instead of doing a stock 350 I went for a 383. Total was about 1800 including machine work to the block and all that good stuff. Just do a stock 350 with an rv cam and you shouldn't have any problems.

ABN31B 10-13-2009 10:17 PM

https://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:.../images/photos 10w30 NOT M67!!! https://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:...aryfactory.com

sucks :B sad to see a K5 go down like that. But as was previously stated, a new 350 SBC shouldn't be too hard on the wallet vs. the rebuild. Bonus: you have a few spare parts too. (there's gotta be a bright side here somewhere right?)

okvortec 10-13-2009 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by abig84 (Post 254392)
good job on blowing the engine though. ive always wanted to do that

:icon_laugh: I'm with ya on that!!

bigkhans 10-13-2009 10:35 PM

I agree that's harsh to have happen to anybody's ride even more so when it's your own. How many miles did you have on that engine? Myself I started my engine rebuild with a simple crankshaft and bearings, and decided on new piston rings, got the rings took the block to a machine shop for honing $60.00 the rings were $80.00 only to find out that due to the high miles it's not possible to hone the block.
So the next best action to take is to bore it out another .20 for a total of .60 oversize on my 4.3. Pricy but worth it.

As one of my friends told me unless your building an engine for power, it's cheaper in the long run to go ahead and buy a reman engine. A bit too late for me but not for you. Best of luck getting your ride back on the road.

old skool luvr 10-13-2009 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyBlazerChick (Post 254357)

I think I may find a secondary vehicle while she's out of commission... maybe a nice little Motorcycle... Easy on gas... I'll be able to rub it in my boyfriend's face... I'll look smokin hott on one lol. Just some of the perks if I get one.

you tell him! some people just don't understand.

do we get to see pic's of that?

Originally Posted by ChevyBlazerChick (Post 254413)
Not sure about the block. I'm still in the process of disconnecting wires from the engine. But I'm sure if I've destroyed 4 pistons... the block isn't going to be much better lol.

I'll pop the Valve Covers off tomorrow first thing. lol see how bad these pistons are.

And I suggest unless you absolutely hate the vehicle... or it's not yours... don't blow the engine. It's heartbreaking. I almost cried.

i was in the same place when my wife ran the engine dry in my '92. my fault, i should've check it myself. that thing was never as fast after that.

blazerguy22 10-14-2009 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by ChevyBlazerChick (Post 254413)

yeah i was heartbroken when i blew my heads on my 4.3 i know how ya feel on that one

swartlkk 10-14-2009 06:30 AM

Damn! Sorry to hear this!

Unlimitedsp 10-14-2009 08:53 AM

I to would love to see a spoon death. lol. Wow that sucks. Some serious carnage there. Hope you get her back together again.

Sisk 10-14-2009 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by ChevyBlazerChick (Post 254357)

hahahah yeesh....sorry, I take it back Kayla :icon_lol:. It just seems like every month something else is going on her...I was just wondering if you'd ever reach a point where you said enough! :icon_angel:

Originally Posted by old skool luvr (Post 254435)
you tell him! some people just don't understand.

do we get to see pic's of that?

Oh, believe me, I do understand lol. I was just saying with the amount of things that have gone wrong on Dirty Girl in the last little bit me personally would have thrown in the towel. But I understand why she's holding on to her.

Originally Posted by Unlimitedsp (Post 254567)
I to would love to see a spoon death. lol. Wow that sucks. Some serious carnage there. Hope you get her back together again.

I'd like to see it too actually..LOL. It would be an interesting death...:icon_dopey:

ChevyBlazerChick 10-14-2009 10:53 AM

@ bigkhans - not sure, my 5 dig said something like 78k but I'm sure it rolled over at least once.

@ old skool luvr - If I do get one I will for sure have some pics lol.

@ Sisky - I kinda did give some thought to it... but then I slapped myself and said time to build it bigger and badder. I'll be looking for a used engine in decent condition and just go from there. Replacing parts and switching parts from the old engine. It shouldn't be hard because round here there are always broken trucks for parts.

I'm thinking about until I can get my new engine just dropping the 350 4 Barrel Carb from the '79 in there. That is if it'll bolt up to my Tranny...

And its raining today so I won't be working on it :(

old skool luvr 10-14-2009 11:02 AM

after the engine, you know you'll be looking for some 2 1/2 ton Rockwell's to ensure no more axle problems.
you should also look at connecting your flex plate directly to the transfer case, 'cause it sounds like the next major thing is gonna be the trans-s**t, didn't want to jinx ya, sorry girl.
but hey, if it does happen, you know you're gonna rebuild her into the tuffest bitch around!
good luck with the search.

ChevyBlazerChick 10-14-2009 11:19 AM

lol, after the engine I think she's gonna become a weekend warrior that gets trailered from place to place lol

I wouldn't do that to her. She's definitely getting trailered to Texas along with the Yota tho lol. Not stopping every hour and a half for gas.

bigkhans 10-14-2009 11:33 AM

Why not go big block like 454, or a 502?

old skool luvr 10-14-2009 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by bigkhans (Post 254621)
Why not go big block like 454, or a 502?

'cause she'd be stopping every 45 minutes then, bwahahahaha!

ChevyBlazerChick 10-14-2009 12:59 PM

If I do that then it will definitely not be my daily driver anymore lol. She's already getting bad gas mileage lol. But that's what I've always wanted to do, drop a big ol Big Block in there. Maybe Supercharge it :) lol

old skool luvr 10-14-2009 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyBlazerChick (Post 254655)
If I do that then it will definitely not be my daily driver anymore lol. She's already getting bad gas mileage lol. But that's what I've always wanted to do, drop a big ol Big Block in there. Maybe Supercharge it :) lol

if you're gonna do that Kayla, you might as well go balls out, and get a 572. and then drop on a nice big huffer to make it breathe nice and hard.

ChevyBlazerChick 10-14-2009 01:30 PM

lol, its all just hope and dreams right now. Don't have a job anymore so I can't even really do anything until I get a new one.

old skool luvr 10-14-2009 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyBlazerChick (Post 254664)
lol, its all just hope and dreams right now. Don't have a job anymore so I can't even really do anything until I get a new one.

i hear ya on that one, been laid-off since June 5, second time this year. been dropping my resume all over, but no luck so far. thank God the wife makes a decent wage, or we'd be in trouble.
good luck fixing Dirty Girl.

ChevyBlazerChick 10-14-2009 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by old skool luvr (Post 254679)
i hear ya on that one, been laid-off since June 5, second time this year. been dropping my resume all over, but no luck so far. thank God the wife makes a decent wage, or we'd be in trouble.
good luck fixing Dirty Girl.

Well my boyfriend being a Marine gets rid of his paycheck less than a week after he gets it. No idea how he does it.

BlaziNator 10-14-2009 02:01 PM

Wow...I had a nightmare like this once.

ChevyBlazerChick 10-14-2009 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by BlaziNator (Post 254684)
Wow...I had a nightmare like this once.

Better hope it stays in dreamland lol

ChevyBlazerChick 10-15-2009 02:32 PM

UPDATE

Been raining a lot lately so I haven't gotten much done. I'm in the process of taking all the random pumps and pulleys that are connected to the truck itself... I've only gotten the AC and Power Steering off. The Sun is shining right now... so I might go work on it once things dry off.

TheBrettster 10-15-2009 03:03 PM

lq9 swap RIGHT NOW :P

BlaziNator 10-15-2009 03:40 PM

Good luck!

ChevyBlazerChick 10-15-2009 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by TheBrettster (Post 255054)
lq9 swap RIGHT NOW :P

Well if you're gonna supply it lets do this! lol

But I'm thinking about dropping a Diesel in there. So I can Turbo it later on... :)

ABN31B 10-15-2009 05:03 PM

OoOoo diesel could be promising...

fst450 10-15-2009 05:58 PM

ooo 6.2 diesel all the way.

Sisk 10-15-2009 06:05 PM

x3 on the diesel idea...good thinkin!

ChevyBlazerChick 10-15-2009 06:16 PM

Yeah, my neighbor has Twin Turbo Diesel Dodges, like... he has two of them and I think they have twin turbos... and those things sound so purdy. Makes me weak in the knees lol.