Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Street N Strip (https://blazerforum.com/forum/street-n-strip-26/)
-   -   Destroyed My Engine (https://blazerforum.com/forum/street-n-strip-26/destroyed-my-engine-35816/)

jimhens82 10-15-2009 07:45 PM

ahhh thats gravy!!!!!!! 350 swap in that is a walk in the park........tackle it

ChevyBlazerChick 10-15-2009 09:08 PM

Yeah it's not hard... just hard when you don't have a motor to swap it with. I'm not sure that 79 is gonna work as easy as I want. Its Carbureted and mine is TBI... so that might prove to be more difficult than I would like. Not to mention it doesn't have as many sensors and all that extra stuff mine has... well had :(

bigkhans 10-15-2009 09:13 PM

It could be done, just remember to disconect the in tank fuel pump, actually scratch that. There is an adapter that you could get so that you could bolt your stock tbi onto the 350 carb intake.

ChevyBlazerChick 10-15-2009 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by bigkhans (Post 255136)
It could be done, just remember to disconect the in tank fuel pump, actually scratch that. There is an adapter that you could get so that you could bolt your stock tbi onto the 350 carb intake.

No way. I was thinking that there should be something like that. Sweet.

old skool luvr 10-15-2009 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyBlazerChick (Post 255092)
Yeah, my neighbor has Twin Turbo Diesel Dodges, like... he has two of them and I think they have twin turbos... and those things sound so purdy. Makes me weak in the knees lol.

i'd do the swap to diesel Kayla, i just luv the sound of the 6.2 in my 'Burb when it clatters to life (get the "chills down my spine" sensation everytime). as for the Cummins swap, that'd be my dream (one day soon, i hope). if you do go the Cummins way, stick with the older 12-valve version. they're stonger & easier to install, than the 24-valve engine. plus they'll handle more power before needing beefed up.
while the 6.2 isn't the fastest diesel out there, but it'll still spin the rear tires if i'm not careful on quick launches. the biggest difference i noticed bewteen this one and my last 'Burb (5.7L truck) was, that empty or towing 8000 lbs., it'll acelerate the same from a standstill, s**t load of torque-great for bogging through the mud.

Originally Posted by ChevyBlazerChick (Post 255139)
No way. I was thinking that there should be something like that. Sweet.

yeah, now they make some thing like that. i did a swapped the heads from a '89 350, onto an older carbed engine i was selling (to valuable of heads on the engine, and the cheap bastard didn't want to pay for them), when i found out that the inner intake bolts on a TBI are on a slightly different angle than a carbed engine. of course this was after i had the new heads rebuilt. :icon_doh:

bigkhans 10-16-2009 01:06 AM

My dad and I went rounds on this a few years back when we had a suburban. It originally came with a 350 tbi, when my dad baught it in farmington nm, it had a carb 350 in it. Fast forward about 2yrs I came home from ftcky and told him he has the wrong engine. He doesn't understand why he uses so much fuel and cant pass emissions either. So I unwrapped about 5' of electrical tape and show him the ends of the tbi. Turns out that the in tank pump ran to the in block fuel pump so ofcoarse it's going to run rich and not pass smog and get terrible milage.

I figured out the problem and found the adapter for him, but he sold it was tired of putting money in it.

So yes their is an adapter to bolt the stock tbi onto the carb intake. I'll try summit first, but it's been awhile.

bigkhans 10-16-2009 01:36 AM

Found it. O'rielly's or Schucks.com Painless Wiring Throttle Body Adapter Part Number 60118. $133.99. It's a direct bolt on part. I hope this helps you get dirty girl back on the road soon.

blazerguy22 10-16-2009 07:51 AM

bah go for broke get a custom bore big block and be done with it lol jk. the diesel idea does sound damn good though. and id for sure try to get the Cummins diesel, but like old school said you want the 12 valve nto the 24 valve those damn 24 vale bastards are just that bastards. good luck hope you get dirty girl on the road again soon

m5james 10-16-2009 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by ChevyBlazerChick (Post 254357)
I'll look smokin hott on one lol. Just some of the perks if I get one.

Just saw your MySpace...keep the helmet on, wear a tanktop or bikini top....maybe. Good luck w/ the truck repair though.

TheBrettster 10-16-2009 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by ChevyBlazerChick (Post 255060)
Well if you're gonna supply it lets do this! lol

But I'm thinking about dropping a Diesel in there. So I can Turbo it later on... :)

you can have mine after i put a 572 in mine :P

you can find a decent 6.0 with trans for around 1200 bucks with low miles

blazerguy22 10-16-2009 12:34 PM

I think I may find a secondary vehicle while she's out of commission... maybe a nice little Motorcycle... Easy on gas... I'll be able to rub it in my boyfriend's face... I'll look smokin hott on one lol. Just some of the perks if I get one.
you+bike would = smokin hott. sorry just had to say it

ChevyBlazerChick 10-16-2009 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by TheBrettster (Post 255266)
you can have mine after i put a 572 in mine :P

you can find a decent 6.0 with trans for around 1200 bucks with low miles

I can have it? Really now? lol

I know where there is an old 86 k5 with a 6.2 Diesel. Its the truck I got my axles out of a while back. But it was in crappy condition so I'm sure the engine isn't any better.

old skool luvr 10-16-2009 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by blazerguy22 (Post 255281)
you+bike would = smokin hott. sorry just had to say it

and i already told her she's gotta post some pic's if she does get one!

Originally Posted by ChevyBlazerChick (Post 255284)
I can have it? Really now? lol

I know where there is an old 86 k5 with a 6.2 Diesel. Its the truck I got my axles out of a while back. But it was in crappy condition so I'm sure the engine isn't any better.

don't go knockin' the 6.2's, they don't need much else but clean oil, and a clean fuel filter. look into that truck Kayla, and just buy the rest of it from him (or her). it'll go better when it's parked side by side, to tranfer all the harness and plumbing over to Dirty Girl.

ChevyBlazerChick 10-16-2009 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by old skool luvr (Post 255293)
don't go knockin' the 6.2's, they don't need much else but clean oil, and a clean fuel filter. look into that truck Kayla, and just buy the rest of it from him (or her). it'll go better when it's parked side by side, to tranfer all the harness and plumbing over to Dirty Girl.

I just don't trust it. Its the same Blazer my axle came out of that was reworked and spun on the axle tubes. So there's no tellin what has been done to the engine that will mess up a month down the road.

bigkhans 10-17-2009 11:51 AM

Are you still thinking about swapping the 350 out of your '77? If so I found that tbi adapter.

ChevyBlazerChick 10-17-2009 02:08 PM

I don' know what I'm doing anymore. The '79 doesn't run, we think its a Fuel Pump issue. I'm scrapping the Diesel idea. Too much money.

Had a chance to get a free 4.6L Supercharged 351 out of an SVT Cobra. But my boyfriend won't let me put a Ford engine in a Chevy. Even if its free and pushing 400 horses. I can still get it... maybe I'll just sand all the Ford Emblems off...

ABN31B 10-17-2009 03:04 PM

um... hi. I'm a free engine. why would you NOT take me home? a 351 is only 1 away from a SB 350...
unless your BF is your dad, and/or owns you, take the damn engine! worst case senario, you craigslist it off for some pocket cash to spruce up the DG.

ChevyBlazerChick 10-17-2009 05:11 PM

He does sorta own me... lol. And he knows it.
I wouldn't be able to get the 351 soon anyway. My buddy is doing an engine swap on his Cobra and is currently in Japan... so who knows when he's gonna do it. lol

And is a 2003 SVT Cobra engine gonna work with my 88 Blazer. I know that there are conversion kits for ford to chevy and blah blah... but what about the year. I forgot that it was a newer one.