Street N Strip Post your vacation driving stories, day at the track, breakdowns, safety issues, driving techniques, unique driving conditions, etc. STREET RACING STORIES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

Destroyed My Engine

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 10:53 AM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

@ bigkhans - not sure, my 5 dig said something like 78k but I'm sure it rolled over at least once.

@ old skool luvr - If I do get one I will for sure have some pics lol.

@ Sisky - I kinda did give some thought to it... but then I slapped myself and said time to build it bigger and badder. I'll be looking for a used engine in decent condition and just go from there. Replacing parts and switching parts from the old engine. It shouldn't be hard because round here there are always broken trucks for parts.

I'm thinking about until I can get my new engine just dropping the 350 4 Barrel Carb from the '79 in there. That is if it'll bolt up to my Tranny...

And its raining today so I won't be working on it

Last edited by ChevyBlazerChick; 10-14-2009 at 11:00 AM.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:02 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

after the engine, you know you'll be looking for some 2 1/2 ton Rockwell's to ensure no more axle problems.
you should also look at connecting your flex plate directly to the transfer case, 'cause it sounds like the next major thing is gonna be the trans-s**t, didn't want to jinx ya, sorry girl.
but hey, if it does happen, you know you're gonna rebuild her into the tuffest bitch around!
good luck with the search.

Old 10-14-2009, 11:19 AM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

lol, after the engine I think she's gonna become a weekend warrior that gets trailered from place to place lol

I wouldn't do that to her. She's definitely getting trailered to Texas along with the Yota tho lol. Not stopping every hour and a half for gas.

Old 10-14-2009, 11:33 AM
bigkhans is on a distinguished road

Why not go big block like 454, or a 502?

Old 10-14-2009, 12:55 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bigkhans
Why not go big block like 454, or a 502?
'cause she'd be stopping every 45 minutes then, bwahahahaha!

Old 10-14-2009, 12:59 PM

If I do that then it will definitely not be my daily driver anymore lol. She's already getting bad gas mileage lol. But that's what I've always wanted to do, drop a big ol Big Block in there. Maybe Supercharge it lol

Old 10-14-2009, 01:15 PM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by ChevyBlazerChick
If I do that then it will definitely not be my daily driver anymore lol. She's already getting bad gas mileage lol. But that's what I've always wanted to do, drop a big ol Big Block in there. Maybe Supercharge it lol
if you're gonna do that Kayla, you might as well go ***** out, and get a 572. and then drop on a nice big huffer to make it breathe nice and hard.

Old 10-14-2009, 01:30 PM

lol, its all just hope and dreams right now. Don't have a job anymore so I can't even really do anything until I get a new one.

Old 10-14-2009, 01:51 PM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by ChevyBlazerChick
lol, its all just hope and dreams right now. Don't have a job anymore so I can't even really do anything until I get a new one.
i hear ya on that one, been laid-off since June 5, second time this year. been dropping my resume all over, but no luck so far. thank God the wife makes a decent wage, or we'd be in trouble.
good luck fixing Dirty Girl.

Old 10-14-2009, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
i hear ya on that one, been laid-off since June 5, second time this year. been dropping my resume all over, but no luck so far. thank God the wife makes a decent wage, or we'd be in trouble.
good luck fixing Dirty Girl.
Well my boyfriend being a Marine gets rid of his paycheck less than a week after he gets it. No idea how he does it.

Quick Reply: Destroyed My Engine