Street N Strip Post your vacation driving stories, day at the track, breakdowns, safety issues, driving techniques, unique driving conditions, etc. STREET RACING STORIES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

My Blazer vs. The 1/8th Mile

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 01:54 PM
Blazer_Man_Dan is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 01BlackBeauty
No disrespect towards you or your Blazer, but you got lucky. Obviously the driver of the CTS-V was either asleep at the switch and/or had a lot of wheel spin out of the box. The elapse time and mph you posted are way off for the average capabilities of that car. A CTS-V will pull down a 8.xxx 1/8 mile time and a 12.xxx 1/4 mile run at 11x mph all day long without breaking a sweat. The 2012 CTS-V is only a couple tens of a second slower than a new Mustang GT500. Talk about a wolf in sheep clothing.
i guess i forgot to mention that he shifted really badly from 1st to second (or possibly 2nd to 3rd if he did a 2nd gear start) and he just never caught up. i could hear him behind me, and just past the line he flew past me XD i know if he did a good run, i wouldnt have stood a chance

i did get lucky, i'll admit it

Old 11-13-2011, 07:12 PM
Beginning Member
99blklt4wd is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

Sounds like fun, I took my completely stock vette to the 1/8 mile this year and something for you to work towards is beating my (best) terrible time of 8.95 at 79.67 mph on all season Michellin Pilot Sport street tires, I have the factory performance axle ratio of 3:42 which makes for good slightly squeaky launches, vette has good grip with 275 wide tires

I had an absolute blast too especially after I made it to top 8 and busted out beating a LS1 modified 92 Firebird with free flow exhaust which was originally an LT1 car

My step son wants to take his 2006 Tralblazer SS AWD and see if he can beat my time.

I am hoping to get an LS3 crate engine for the vette and then put the old LS1 in my blazer someday. Like they did on PowerBlock with the 5.3 in the 4wd blazer

I am definately still considering a V8 2wd 2dr blazer still too

It's all fun!!!! Thank you for sharing your story!

Keep enjoying it!!! and telling the stories of your fun, we all enjoy reading !

Last edited by 99blklt4wd; 11-13-2011 at 07:24 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:29 AM
Starting Member
Longer02 is an unknown quantity at this point

OP, you definitely got your times mixed up with the Mustang. No way in hell you trapped 79 MPH in a blazer. Sounds like you had a blast though and that's all that matters.

99blklt4wd, your Vette has a lot more in it for sure, even completely stock. My bone stock 2000 SS Camaro ran mid-low 13's in the 1/4 mile in terrible air.

Old 11-14-2011, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Longer02
OP, you definitely got your times mixed up with the Mustang. No way in hell you trapped 79 MPH in a blazer. Sounds like you had a blast though and that's all that matters.

99blklt4wd, your Vette has a lot more in it for sure, even completely stock. My bone stock 2000 SS Camaro ran mid-low 13's in the 1/4 mile in terrible air.
lol, apparently they must have mixed up our times with somebody else then, since his speed on the slip was 80+ (i dont have the slips in front of me)

it also could have been a glitch in the timing program... maybe it clipped me farther down the track? lol

like you said, i had fun

oh and yes, a corvette engine in a blazer would be wicked!

Old 11-14-2011, 07:45 PM
zr2dan is on a distinguished road

guys around here drag race lifted trucks and suvs every weekend at muncie speedway theres a guy up there all the time with cummins dodge 3/4 ton slayin them at the traps i will look for video he decimates everything in the other lane http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9gzqV2ENxE

Last edited by zr2dan; 11-14-2011 at 07:56 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:43 PM

Nice, but what i really want to see is your supercharged blazer on the strip! lol

thats a bada** truck, but the mustank (lol, jk, mustangs are awesome... still prefer my chevys though) was probably stock or close to it...

Old 11-15-2011, 12:22 PM
zr2dan is on a distinguished road

sometime i will get it up there and make a few runs but im still working on more power 36lb fuel injection and 2 more lbs of boost its gonna be much faster before i take her to the strip now its a jaw dropper soon will be a heartbreaker

Old 02-08-2012, 05:05 AM
Beginning Member
97blazzer is on a distinguished road
Red face weird times

I had a 86 astro van fully gutted and smallblock chevy with double hump heads geared 3.08 and th350 tranny and ran only 8.60 in 1/8mile without nitrous and 9.0's in 1/8 with it but spinning was all the way too end of track. Very fun too drive considering on 40mph rolls on streets I would jump a car length on 02 lightning with stage4 ported blower on 18psi and headers back,shiftkit in the 4r100 and stall converter 4.10 gears and thats without nitrous being used. I have a 97 blazer im buying soon and wondering how quick it would be with a supercharger? can they break into 9's in 1/8 without spending ****load? It is a 4dr and 4x4 too what u think?

Old 04-16-2012, 11:16 AM
Beginning Member
ctxtreme02 is on a distinguished road

After reading this i want to take my xtreme to the track just to see wht it runs its all stock and now im gonna research the closest tracks near me

Old 05-18-2013, 04:51 AM
Beginning Member
97blazzer is on a distinguished road
Unhappy 97 blazer 10.95 sad

Well I bought the blazer and owned it for a while now its a 97 blazer 4dr 4x4 lt and it does 10.95@64.38mph has custom cai and its slow but wasnt built for speed just for driving in bad weather and putting nice stereo systems lol.. Could some others post there times so I can see if mine is about worn out or still decently running thanks folks and keep on blazzin hehe

Quick Reply: My Blazer vs. The 1/8th Mile