Suspension Tech Have a question about modifying your suspension? Ask it here.

1.5" shackles

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 08:21 PM
Cmatt1605 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 1.5" shackles

ok, so ive seen some shackles i really want when i was lookin' around for ways to lift my blazer, i just want to do a 2" body lift and a 1.5" t-bar crank and 1.5" shackles, but i cant seem to find the same shackles agan!!!!! ive looked all over here, and s10 forum and i cant find the link, if any one could help me, they are black, and have a bio-hazard type looking symble on them, the symble is gray/silver and the shackles are black, can anyone help me find the link or give it to me?

Old 07-23-2008, 08:22 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 1.5" shackles

3 leaf fab

Old 07-23-2008, 10:39 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

They're pretty nice shackles www.3leaffab.com

Old 07-24-2008, 09:06 AM

ok sweet! those were exactly what i was looking for, but to be honest with you guys, i havent ever been envolved in lifting any truck, so when i put these shackles in, is there anything i have to replace? and they only go on the back part of the leaf spring right?

Old 07-24-2008, 10:07 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

All you're replacing is the stock shackle with your new lift shackle. Do you have a small bottle jack? That's the easiest way to push the leaf spring down to the new shackle bolt. Otherwise you just end up flexing the leaf downwards and get no lift.

On the right pic, the leaf was simply flexed down to the meet the new shackle, which elongates the leaf pack, giving a poor shackle angle (bad ride) and no lift.

Old 07-24-2008, 01:19 PM
Beginning Member
ZR2nut is an unknown quantity at this point

A week before you are going to remove the shackle bolts ,buy some PB blaster at auto zone or where ever you buy auto parts and soak those bolts real good each day.This will help in the shackle bolt removal process.At least a few days ahead of time anyway.

Old 07-24-2008, 06:41 PM

yeah i have a jack like that, and ill deff do the pb blast, that stuff did wonders when i had to change my fuel pump!

Old 07-24-2008, 06:54 PM

could you just rase the whole truck up, leave the wheels on the ground, and raise it up enough to where the springs fit right into the new bolts? or is that exactly what u were saying not to do? i was a little lost on what you were saying

Old 07-24-2008, 08:17 PM
BF Veteran

Nope that wont give you enough room for shackles.

Jack the truck up, put it on stands. Then get the floor jack/another jack and support the rear differential. Then remove the shackle bolts and old shackle. Once the leaf is loose, lower the jack on the differential to lower the leaf packs a bit. Then place the bottle jack just behind the axle on the leaf pack. Raising the bottle jack will push the leaf the rest of the way down to the new shackle. Make sure the shackle is as straight up and down as possible, and you're done!

Old 07-24-2008, 08:40 PM
Blazin NC is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you have to get new shocks with the shackles and t-bar crank?

Quick Reply: 1.5" shackles