Suspension Tech Have a question about modifying your suspension? Ask it here.

96' Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 12:13 AM
Starting Member
one.shot.one.kill. is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 96' Blazer

Hello,

I have just bought myself a 1996 Chevy Blazer 4x4. I am new to this forum and I need some help. I am a teenager working for minimum wage and I was wondering where I could find a reasonable priced and a reliable lift for my truck.

Thanks for your help.

Old 11-15-2006, 05:10 PM
Starting Member
LunchBox is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: 96' Blazer

ORIGINAL: one.shot.one.kill.

Hello,

I have just bought myself a 1996 Chevy Blazer 4x4. I am new to this forum and I need some help. I am a teenager working for minimum wage and I was wondering where I could find a reasonable priced and a reliable lift for my truck.

Thanks for your help.

First off, welcome...second, congrats on buying the sweetest ride known to man...the 96 Blazer 4x4 (2 doors are for men, 4 doors are for groceries).

Tell us: how big-a-lift are you looking at. If you just want to bump up a tire size or two:

The first thing you can do is crawl under the front doors with a wrench, and tighten your torsion bars. This gives you a bit higher stance, but will ride rougher, and wear your front end out faster, so that you have to drive the gas guzzling dually that gets 6 MPG, while someone hacks away at your Blazer, replacing $1000 worth of stuff that would have been ok, not to mention the $600 tires you ruined...so...yeah; torsion bars.

---and/or---

Body lifts will run you under $150, but you better put it on yourself with a buddy, because shop-time will cost you $500 or more. You can also trim your fenders and install fender flares...that may let you go up about another inch in tire size.

If your Blazer can run 30 x 9.5's stock, the torsion bars, body lift, and fender trimming might get you 32's...maaaaaaaaaaaybe 33's in there for under a grand.

Of course, the tires are expensive...

Old 11-16-2006, 08:51 PM
Starting Member
one.shot.one.kill. is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: 96' Blazer

First off thanks for welcoming me. I would like to do a 3" lift or so with some bigger wheels and tires. On the body lift. Where can you buy them and how much taller would it make it?

and..

We have a lift in out garage so I don't think it would be hard putting it on. I am used to Jeeps..things are a little different on Blazers.

also..

The Blazer is 4-door.

> . <