Suspension Tech Have a question about modifying your suspension? Ask it here.

Brakes!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 02:57 PM
BF Veteran
XBlazer01 has a spectacular aura aboutXBlazer01 has a spectacular aura about
Default Brakes!!!!

Alright well I need new rotors. badly now.

I changed my pads 2 weeks ago and im hearing/fealing grinding! (POS pads ftw!) well i need rotors

Anything i should get? I'm thinking BAER Slotted Rotors.

Now let me add.... i dont brakes hard all the time but if i go to a certain car meet where things happen i will use them hard. I need something that can handle alot of stress.

links? help? Ideas?

please

Old 09-07-2006, 01:37 AM
tommyd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Brakes!!!!

It will wear your brakes out faster if you ride them. It's better to brake hard then long and slow. You will heat the brakes up and the composite pads will break down faster. Also did you check the rear brakes? I'm assuming you knwo that it's comeing from the front end. Looks like you still have the stock wheels so you can't really go to a brembo big brake kit or something like that but drilled and slotted rotors will keep the heat down to a minimum. As for brands I can't really tell you never had the need for them before. From what I have heard you won't really see any performance gain between different brands of drilled and slotted rotors. They all wear similar and they are all made of steel. There isn't really a huge difference.

Old 09-07-2006, 06:32 PM
BF Veteran

everyone is saying i wont see any improvement in braking with cross drilled or slotted.

Where can i get resonably priced OEM ones?

Old 09-07-2006, 08:26 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You will see a slight improvement in braking with both drilled or slotted. As I've stated in other threads, drilled rotors are nothing but a problem if not cast into the rotors. If they are in fact drilled, these holes create stress points that over time will lead to the rotor breaking apart (ie. VERY bad). Slots achieve the same increase in performance by still allowing outgasing of the pads to escape while also cleaning off the pad surface.

The problem with both of these (slots & holes) is that they decrease the overall pad contact patch. By relieving the pad outgasing, the pad stays in better contact with the rotor.

For the cost of slotted rotors though... You're probably better off to go with a quality aftermarket rotor. I have used both Bendix and Raybestos (their higher quality/price lines) with great success. Even on my old Intrepid with high tendancy to warp rotors, the Raybestos rotors held up VERY well.

I also have had VERY good experiences with the Bendix TiMetal II pads. Great braking, low dust, very quiet pads!

Old 09-07-2006, 10:49 PM
BF Veteran

where can i find OE Slotted rotors for mine?

I can only find 4WD models

Old 09-07-2006, 10:59 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

TireRack.com has the Power Slot rotors for your truck for $102 each (cryo-treated for $134 each). Not too bad considering that the higher quality Bendix rotors are $94 from Advanced...

You will definitely want to call in to TireRack's customer service to verify compatability. I believe that your rotor is not independant of the hub like the 4wd or 2wd 4door blazers.