Suspension Tech Have a question about modifying your suspension? Ask it here.

different body lift question

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 04:48 PM
AtreyuManiac is an unknown quantity at this point
Default different body lift question

With a body lift...

do most come with bumper brackets,
for front and rear bumper?

Is there anything else it comes with or that i would need to tweak on my own for example running longer wires to make up for a 3" gap or running longer lines or anything like that?

Im trying to get absolutely all information i can before i decide on buying one.

Old 03-04-2008, 04:21 PM
tjwiens91@hotmail.co is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: different body lift question

I too am trying to get all the info i can, before i commit to buying one. I do believe most kits come with the bumper brackets.

Old 03-04-2008, 05:45 PM
navyblue_sk8er is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah most body lifts do come with bumper brakets. Most also come with gas servicing hose extension, and eng compartment grounding bracket extension. They tell you to re drill holes for the battery tray to move in more inboard also. You can go to company's websites that sell body lift and download the instructions online so you can review it and see what you're getting yourself into.

Old 03-05-2008, 04:11 PM
nhvff57 is an unknown quantity at this point

Heres an ebay link for a kit that comes with brackets... KEEP IN MIND you cant use your back bumper for towing once the kit is installed.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-03...spagenameZWDVW
Or go with the roughcountry 2" suspension lift so you dont have to worry about bumpers, extending filler hose etc. Link...
http://www.roughcountry.com/chevy_4wd_s10.html
Thats a good price for a kit like that.

Old 03-19-2008, 06:01 PM
willjones is an unknown quantity at this point

My B.L. came with everythingneeded. On the PA kits you don't have to do any extending of wires most of them have enough slack.

Old 03-19-2008, 06:08 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

WILLJONES! Are you done now?!?!?!?

Old 03-19-2008, 11:03 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

If you have a 1994 or previous most kits DO NOT come with bumper brackets!!! I repeat, most 1st Gen Body lifts DO NOT come with bumper relocation brackets!

Those linked kits above are for 2nd gens..... 1st gen body lifts are different... No bumper brackets and there is a need to extend the shift linkage!

To all that replied, be careful what you guide people to do. Be observant, in the OP's sig, he lists a 1994 Blazer. A first Gen... all of you have 2nd gens and there are several aftermarket parts that are different.... especially body lifts... Just be careful, I don't wanna see anyone waste their money based on false information..

To the Original Poster, make sure to clearly state your body style, year, and drivetrain when asking technical questions..

Old 03-19-2008, 11:06 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

That is a crucial piece of information!

Also how difficult do you guys think it would be to get a shop (better yet, how do I even find a local welding shop??) to make some bumper brackets? I wanna get custom ones made anyway since I want to retain the structural protection offered from the grille guard, and because Jigg sells replacement body lift bushings for $3. I figure I buy 12 of those suckers, get the bolts and fuel hose extender at lowes, and then custom brackets welded, and I save a great deal on my body lift

Eh..probably would be better/safer/less hassle to pay the extra $$

Old 03-19-2008, 11:09 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

The PA body lift for your 2nd gen wolfpack, comes with bumper relocation brackets that are structuraly sound enough to keep your brush guard. The Hunter 4x4 guard and the westin sportsman mount exactly the same. Shoot a PM to Rcars and ask him what he had to do. I believe the brush guard just bolts back up with minor drilling..

Old 03-19-2008, 11:11 PM
BF Veteran

Ohhhhh....I remember readin RCars's thread on his body lift install, but I thought he had to redrill because he wanted a strong support for the brush guard. If the brackets are tough enough though, and just need help actually grabbing the guard's mounts...well I can take care of that!

Quick Reply: different body lift question