Suspension Tech Have a question about modifying your suspension? Ask it here.

different body lift question

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 02:08 AM
Starting Member
Drifter666 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: different body lift question

i have a 1st gen and the bodylift was simple sept for the shift linkage needed to be extended you also need to extend the ground straps near the back wheels as far as the brush guard goes i just drilled threw my bumper brackets+frame rails theres already a hole in the frame rail but you cant tell cuz of the bumper bracket but all you would be doing is making that hole a bit wider, i used 1/2" bolts with lock washers and nylon lock nuts only problem i hate bout my grille guard is it bolts to the bumper also, im afraid if i use my grille guard as its supose to be used it will break out of the bumper and kill my hood, im gonna weld up some "road armor" type bumpers sooner or later unless anyone knows where i can get one made for a 1st gen

Old 05-12-2008, 02:46 PM
Taymacjack is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: WolfPack

That is a crucial piece of information!

Also how difficult do you guys think it would be to get a shop (better yet, how do I even find a local welding shop??) to make some bumper brackets? I wanna get custom ones made anyway since I want to retain the structural protection offered from the grille guard, and because Jigg sells replacement body lift bushings for $3. I figure I buy 12 of those suckers, get the bolts and fuel hose extender at lowes, and then custom brackets welded, and I save a great deal on my body lift

Eh..probably would be better/safer/less hassle to pay the extra $$
hey wolf i dont think they have you would need at lowes...i had to go totrue valueharware to get a few extra bolts (4 of them) that i needed for the lift blocks. It ended up being a lil under 20 bucks...haha. I just dont know if it would really be cheaper....

Old 05-12-2008, 07:00 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

i dont know if this effects blazers or not but if your spare tire is under the truck you will not be able to use the same hole in the bumper to lower it. so you would have to drill a new hole. At least thats how it was on my friends f150

Old 05-12-2008, 07:03 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Spares don't belong under the truck anyway...it's just a good excuse to move it

Old 12-16-2008, 12:17 AM
Starting Member
OILCOUNTRY is an unknown quantity at this point

hey,
If i went with the PA body lift would there be any Complications due to my Blazer being a manual?
BTW its a 2003 Blazer 2DR with the manual.
Thanks