Suspension Tech Have a question about modifying your suspension? Ask it here.

Getting Bags For The First Time And Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 10:23 PM
04XtremeBowTie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Getting Bags For The First Time And Need Help

I have a 2004 Xtreme Blazer and I'm finally getting bags for the first time. I have 18 inch rims and low-profile tires, so I'm not sure how that will affect it, but I want to get a complete air bag kit for the Blazer. I don't even know where to start or what to get or what bags, parts are the best and most reliable, because I want to do it right the first time and not have to keep re-doing the bag set-up. Also, if I'm only dropping the Blazer on bags and not getting a body-drop, will I lose my back seats? Will I lose the A/C? What kind of body modifications will be made to the Blazer that I can expect? Thanks for the help.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2514534

Old 09-24-2007, 11:33 AM
jphayes921 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Getting Bags For The First Time And Need Help

first you can go to suicidedoors.com and you will find everything you need. then you need to decide how much you want to spend and how much work you want to put into in. with a blazer there is a lot of body mods with cutting the rearinner fenders and tubing it to lay frame. in the front inners will have to be removed or trimmed. a/c can stay but some modification will need to take place, Ive seen it done and also seen it left stock. back seats usually can stay my have a little minor mod in seat hieght.

Old 09-24-2007, 12:51 PM
blazin97 is on a distinguished road

You have to ask yourself a few questions first: how much play time you want, how much lift, how fast/slow you wann go up/down, if you want front/back or front/back/side/side, how much you wanna spend, etc.
Here is a generic list of what you need: Bags x4, valves x8 if want f/b/s/s or x4 if want f/b, compressor(s), tank(s), air line, notch for rear frame, front and rear brackets, upper and lower control arms(unless you wanna mod you stockers), shocks(recommend), fittings, switch box, wire, welder, xtra metal, link kit(2-6 depending on what you want, pressure switch, water trap(s), etc.
Im not here to send you to a different site but I am also a member of s10forum.com and there is about a dozen bagged Blazers(not but a few on here) just do a search for bagged blazers/jimmys.

Old 10-08-2007, 01:37 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

the others are right about all they said, i have bagged quite a few with the ac yes you can keep it on 18's when bagging the front all you need to do is relocate all your wheel well stuff its easy just so you know i will explain first on the passenger side wheel well start with removing your battery you will need to relocate that inside and in the rear with that done leaves you the room needed to move the computer on that side forward towards your core support your overflow tank will need to be scraped and you will need to go get a smaller universal one from a part store they usually are about 20 bucks and they come with a mounting bracket that you will attatch to your core support as for you ac you will need to cut around were the blower motor is and sink it in as far as you can get it to the firewall then replastic weld it or jb weld it you will need to reseal it so whatever you can do to ensure a tight seal no leak and make sure that the blower doesn't bind on anything or you wont have your ac. now for the driver side if you don't have abs its as simple as unbolting your fuse box and attatching that to the core support your factory intake will need to be removed and a cone filter will need to be put on consider it a short ram intake if you have abs you will need to unbolt the abs control unit and move it in next to the master cylinder and attatch it there with zip ties unless you do a bypass and scrap the abs like alot of minitruckers do cause if your brakes ever did go out all you gotta do is lay it out and you will stop. now for the rear you will need to take out your interior for you will be modifying it later to fit back over the hump you will have after you notch the rear now on blazer's you don't need king kong notches remember your bagging it on 18's so just a few inches above the frame will do and then therewill be a miner hump.suggestion for the rear counter leave the rear by taking the forward leaf spring mount cutting it out clean and moving it as far up on the frame as possible then using square tubing build your lower bars from that to the rear end on those bars mount your lower bag mount to that then place your upper bag mount on the side of the frame in the middle of the frame therefore you will get lots of lift and it will ride real nice in the rear after you tub the inside and redo the floor to accompany the notches take your interior and put it in and start trimming it to fit you will need a carpet kit to because in the back the factory carpet will not cover everything like before. as for the front just go through aim industries or chassis tech for the tubular uppers lowers and drop spindles they have a special on the front setup both sides for 750.00 and it comes with upper and lower control arms drop spindles and two bags and steel fittings and its all bolt in oh and the cups for the front to plus shocks and lifted shock mounts that will need to be welded in also you wanna shock the rear make sure you have it laid out before you mount the shocks in the rear so the shocks dont bottom out before you lay it out that would look really bad. if you have any questions send me an email i will be more than happy to help you out with any concerns.

Old 10-08-2007, 05:52 AM
DetroitMuscle is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree, check out suicidedoors.com.

Old 10-09-2007, 03:18 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

suicidedoors.com is a good place to go but there is also fbi, and a grip of others pick up a copy of mini truckin magazine you can find loads of tech articles and ads for the parts you need to lay out your beast.

Old 02-27-2008, 12:40 PM
customGride23 is an unknown quantity at this point

whats up all u blazers in the world. My first post ever. im in progress of customizing my 99 4dr. blazer (parts-like-new) ive put together my own kit i STILL NEED: fuel cell, rear brackets 4 bags, knuckles, a custom sized air tank, pressure switch,4valves, and a welder, some fittings)HAVE: area to work, reconstructed lower a-arms, bags,plumbing4 3/8 and 1/2, fittings, wires4switchbox,small 3-gallon tank, compressr, valves, even have 2 small cylinders for hydros but not for hydros. they work and hold air.I was looking under car and thinking it looks easy to just body droppitbut then saw fuel lines on top of frame, possilbe firewall hitting and fender refab work so that body drop might be on hold till the next yr or 2. MY ? > i need help regrading resecuring the rear end(axle) once bags are ready, relocting the evap canister(area needed tohouse a compressor) posiblyunder driver seat? i have a flaring kit to properly fit, ill re-tube as needed,imdebatingwhether to re-cable my parknig brake cable cause some rubbing is being caused near LR tire(stock location)-or changing the design to a hand e-brake with proper cable to rear, in the front i was thinking to put in air shocks(air bag/shock combo)-or just bags with shock near. i dont know if the air shock will make me losedrop/lift due to desgin. so far only spent about $150 i got estim. on cost to f.b.s.s. 10 switch with labor and knotch to frame a in/out job cost up 5500$ not what i want to spend -planning on saving that money to put towardsaudio equipment andrims dubs or 19'si didnt want to buy rims first cause i dont want to kut tires on fenders once air bag system working-i can better adjust/fabfenders once stock tire show wear/damage.
helpmepost picmy ride but could not do. any pic's of b4 afters would help as well as any feedback.Thank you,