Suspension Tech Have a question about modifying your suspension? Ask it here.

how much higher does..

Old 01-13-2007, 04:32 PM
Starting Member
mudsliner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default how much higher does..

how much higherdoes a ZR2 sit then jus u reguler 2dr 4x4?

Old 01-13-2007, 10:10 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of
Default RE: how much higher does..

roughly 2 inches..

Old 01-14-2007, 01:50 AM
Starting Member

alright i want to make mine sit at bout the same as the ZR2s so if i get a 2 inch lift i should b around the same hieght

Old 01-14-2007, 03:05 AM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

yea... but I wouldnt put a 2 inch on it.... all the 2 inch lift kits do is crank your t-bars and replace the upper control arms.... its hell on the front end.... they also come with warnings that read "not for hard off-road use".... if ur just wanting it for looks it would be good, but if its for play...... not a good idea....

Old 01-14-2007, 06:15 PM
Starting Member

o it goin to be for play. i was really want a 3-4 inch lift but cant seem to find one anywhere that i can afford.

Old 01-14-2007, 06:29 PM
nofear17bmx is an unknown quantity at this point

So if I go with a 2 inch suspension lift you think it will really lift me 2 inches. I just want it for looks but there will be times when I will do minor off roading, like this would be seldom. What are the risks I face if I do this?

Old 01-14-2007, 08:22 PM

k..... mudsliner.... trailmaster makes a very good 5" lift for your truck.. .I would reccomend checking it out.......

bmx.... the 2 inch lifts kill your ball joints, and also puts your cv shafts a extremely dangerous angles. If you get them in a bind you could break them. It cranks your t-bars to the max and kills your ride quality.... if you go with something like a 5 inch it comes with drop brackets for everything. The 2 inch lift produced by any company isnt a great idea... I mean they are alright, but be careful.

Old 01-14-2007, 09:10 PM
Starting Member

yea ive looked at the trailmaster 5inch lift. cant afford it i was lookin for something small so i can get bigger tires and i dont want a body lift. the reason wanting a 3 inch lift.

Old 01-14-2007, 09:50 PM

to be honest with you... a body lift is probably your best bet...

Old 01-14-2007, 10:02 PM
Starting Member

no i dont like body lifts. but i think i found what im lookin for but go to wait till tuesday to call my local offroad shop.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: how much higher does..