Suspension Tech Have a question about modifying your suspension? Ask it here.

inexpensive lift

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 10:44 PM
cherryred4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: inexpensive lift

the 2 inch wouldnt be that bad, youre installing new upper control arms and cranking the bars in the front, add-a-leafs or shackles are used in the rear depending on the kit

you can do it yourself, just pretty time consuming. Don't forget to get your truck aligned when its all done.

Old 06-21-2006, 08:26 AM
ceanern is an unknown quantity at this point

So the 5" and 6" lifts are to difficult to accomplish? or basically really time consumming. Or would it be smarter to just go with a 2" suspension with a 2 or 3" body lift? Also Where is a good place to get the body lifts. most lifts I ahve seen they want over 200 for em I think. but that included the brackets for the bumpers as well. Thanks in advance.

Old 06-21-2006, 12:03 PM
cherryred4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

jcwhitney sells the 2" body lift for $130, thats the lowest I've seen it.

the 5 and 6 inch kits require cutting and welding for the bracketry, they also relocate the rear springs above the rear axle. lots of time and effort involved

Old 06-21-2006, 07:13 PM

What all is needed to place the rear axle under the leafs? Where is a good place to get replacement leafs? I'm not sure if I asked this anywhere else or not. Mine are sagging bad. Off roading with stock shocks from 99 isn't very wise or atleast for me it wasn't i put some cheap add-a-leaf kit from autozone but they are starting to settle down about what it was before. I think even the front is a little lower on the ps of the vehicle. Also the performance bushings at autozone. The brackets that come with them are they alright to use to replace your factory one? I banged that one up on my vehicle pretty good. Thanks for the info. Being very apprecative of it.

Old 07-07-2006, 11:38 PM

Why isn't a 2" body and 2" suspension recommended?

ORIGINAL: cherryred4x4

sounds like a good deal, is it going to be the Superlift kit? Rough Country has a 2" kit with shocks for $575 + installation. Be careful which 2" Superlift kit you get, the lower priced one doesn't include shocks. From what I can remember when I was looking to get a lift, the Superlift is a 2" Front, 1" Rear. Nobody manufactures a 4/4 lift. Your only options are 2", 5", 6", or the 9" solid axle conversion.
To get a 4/4 you could buy the Rough Country or Superlift 2" suspension and use the Performance Accessories 2" body lift together, but this is not recommended by most off road companies.

Old 09-08-2006, 08:16 PM
surferbarnes is an unknown quantity at this point

What about spindles and shackles? They are pretty inexpensive. I just don't like the over exposed frame that comes with body lifts. Body lifts are basically made just to stuff bigger tires under. I would go suspension.[8D]

Old 09-09-2006, 12:04 AM

I'm hoping for a suspension. But I need to wait til i get the wife a new vehicle to run around in cause she don't want be stuck trying to drive around the monster blazer. haha

Old 02-01-2007, 07:30 PM
CombatMedic is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay for now I'm confused on what you guys are doing? I have a 99 Blazer 4X4. I put 31 inch tires on it and I have taken it off the road, and over some terrible trails. I have even been to muddin in the country in TN. I have not had any wheel rub, I used to run 32 inch tires and still had no rub. I don't have any mods done to the truck. Maybe you did something wrong?

Old 02-01-2007, 09:26 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Or the previous owner did the work on the vehicle and never mentioned it...

but if it works, snap some pics! Stock height with 31s or 32s would look pretty beefy

Old 02-02-2007, 01:18 AM
Starting Member
LunchBox is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: ceanern

Why isn't a 2" body and 2" suspension recommended?

ORIGINAL: cherryred4x4

sounds like a good deal, is it going to be the Superlift kit? Rough Country has a 2" kit with shocks for $575 + installation. Be careful which 2" Superlift kit you get, the lower priced one doesn't include shocks. From what I can remember when I was looking to get a lift, the Superlift is a 2" Front, 1" Rear. Nobody manufactures a 4/4 lift. Your only options are 2", 5", 6", or the 9" solid axle conversion.
To get a 4/4 you could buy the Rough Country or Superlift 2" suspension and use the Performance Accessories 2" body lift together, but this is not recommended by most off road companies.

HARUMPH!!!

Yeah...why is that not recommended...'cause that's what I was about to do!

Quick Reply: inexpensive lift